Adult swim (1 Viewer)

moleskine

HSC
Who loves Adult Swim on cartoon network? Aqua teen, Sealab, Venture Bros, Harvey Birdman, 12oz Mouse, The Boondocks.............man these shows are teh shiz!

Sealab is the bestest

DanteEX

HSC
I love Adult Swim

Robot Chicken, Venture Bros and Boondocks are my top favs

If I had to pick a favourite of the 3, Boondocks because of the often Hilarious yet hauntingly true social commentary on African American Society.

D.Alchemist

HSC
it was great way back when it had anime on it. now it's just mindless. Harvey Birdman = WIN

DanteEX

HSC
Adult Swim should be focused on more adult western based animations rather then promoting eastern styles. Hence why they do more mature spins on kids’ shows. The original Adult Swim was to give life to old Hannah Barbara cartoons of the 70s and 80s to give something for 'Adults' to enjoy, watching shows of their childhood superheros like Birdman and Space Ghost in more mature grown up situations.

Look at Harvey Birdman, originally he was just some 2 bit superhero in the 60s now he's a struggling attorney at law.

Then you got Space Ghost another Space Vigilante hosting his own late night talk show with his arch nemisis.

Venture Bros a great contemporary version of Johnny Quest

Sealab 2021, which was originally a show that promoted multi-culturalism which is now redubbed in a over the top hilarious fashion, Then you have the New Breed

Robot Chicken a claymation show that mocks Pop Culture mercilessly...

The Boondocks.... Black People saying the N-word A LOT! (With of course great social commentary)

Brak is a quirky and of tempo look at Suburban Life

Adult Swim does not need any Anime at all, its a good thing its no longer on it.

johony

HSC
yeah adult swim kinda plunked when they started showing heaps of anime

i need to get myself a space ghost coast to coast dvd

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)