Adv Sci vs Adv Sci Hons (1 Viewer)

synthesisFR

School Spirit Skit 1
HSC
@liamkk112 and others
whats the diff between unsw adv science hons and advanced science?

i know that for adv stream u need to pick the higher versions of both courses and it comes with an honors year but for normal science u grt to pick. but do u not get to do honors at all? how does that work.

im asking bc theres no point in me doing math1141 so i was gonna do 1131 but i would have to drop to the nromal science stream is that a big deal? how else could someone do honors then??

liamkk112

HSC
@liamkk112 and others

i know that for adv stream u need to pick the higher versions of both courses and it comes with an honors year but for normal science u grt to pick. but do u not get to do honors at all? how does that work.

im asking bc theres no point in me doing math1141 so i was gonna do 1131 but i would have to drop to the nromal science stream is that a big deal? how else could someone do honors then??
only diff is the advanced courses if they exist and guaranteed entry to honours given ur wam is good

if u want to do honours u just apply seperately after ur degree, same wam requirement as if u did adv science afaik

Masaken

Unknown Member
HSC
@liamkk112 and others

for unsw the adv sci degree comes with an hons degree attached to it (it's compulsory), but you need to keep up a wam of 70 to progress, otherwise you get kicked to the normal science stream. if ur in the normal sci stream if you get a good wam (i think it's also 70) you can apply for a hons year (basically if you maintain a good wam in the normal science you can just progress into honours year without having to do the advanced courses like math)

apart from the wam and hons year and advanced courses yap the content and stuff you do in the science degree is still pretty much the same for adv sci and normal sci, you can also look at the unsw handbook for more information

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)