Advanced Engineering - 2nd year (1 Viewer)

konkzz

HSC
hey,

for the first year, i decided to drop advanced engineering because i thought it would be too much work. now i am thinking about picking it up again. however, i would like to know the details about advanced engineering for 2nd year. i.e. what will we be doing? what the times for tutes and lectures? will i still get adv. at the end of my degree if i only do it for this year and the remaining no. of years but missed the first?

thanks

Foreshadowed

HSC
I did advanced engineering last year. We worked on the ManGo.

If you want good marks then you should turn up to every single session/do overtime.

It was pretty fun but I don't think it's worth it unless you're part of the technical crew. I was in the interior group and we didn't do that much.

undalay

HSC
some information about advanced engineering - 2nd year.

To enrol in advanced engineering 2nd year you will be sent an invitation upon notification of making the dean's list (75+ WAM).

The 2nd year program has lectures on 8-10am on fridays (THAT'S IT AFAIK)

The program involves tackling an industrial problem and then presenting a business plan to overcome this problem.

konkzz

HSC
I heard that those last year who did advanced engineering 1st year and didn't get 75 + wham won't get to take it this year. Who knows how many from last year are going be doing it this semester?

Some of my friends say they're not up for it because they don't see any benefit to their degree.

undalay

HSC
I heard that those last year who did advanced engineering 1st year and didn't get 75 + wham won't get to take it this year. Who knows how many from last year are going be doing it this semester?

Some of my friends say they're not up for it because they don't see any benefit to their degree.
The benefit of the degree is the experience.

First year ADV engo was, in my eyes, an incredibly rewarding experience.
Second year sounds great (haven't started yet tho)

Furthermore if you do ADV engineering for 3 years you'll have an extra (Advanced) attached to your bachelor (apparently)

undalay

HSC
You make me feel bad about declining my invitation...

Are there any space related projects?
There is a separate ADV subject that relates to space.
This is available in semester 2 for all Aeronautical engineering students. (2nd years)

The topic for first year is usually random.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)