Advice: Double Or Single degree (1 Viewer)

zeebobDD

HSC
I'm planning on studying Civil eng at USYD next year, but i was wondering if eng/sci would be a better option

I do want to open up my options, but would doing the double degree result in more work? Like cause me to stress out more?

I emailed USYD and they said the maths units taken in the first year is the same for both or similar to an extent, so what are some other advantages/disadvantages?

plasticities

HSC
Like you said, doing a double degree will open up your options, give you more career pathways and it allows you to study in more than one field that interests you. From what I've heard from my friends that do double degrees, the amount of work you do is the exact same as what you would do in a single degree. I know at UNSW with some double degree plans, they cut out subjects that aren't completely necessary to your major, and your doing the exact same number of subjects as everyone else, so your workload for each semester will feel the same. However, a double degree will take longer than a single degree since you are completing two.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
cunt, you copiied the beginning of my threads title :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)