advice for a bad UAI (1 Viewer)

only_me

HSC
I had my heart set on going to Wollongong uni to do teaching, which has an enterence of 78. I got my uai today and i only got 70- Do i have any chance of getting into this course? I am so upset!:(

Mr_Shrimp

HSC
http://www.wuc.edu.au/Courses/Brochure.shtm

Download the broschure at the bottom (for Australian).

You can do a Foundation Studies course at Wollongong Uni College. There is a 2 sessions course (8 months, ~$10,000) or a 3 sessions course (12 months, ~$15000) with a fee help loan program if you need help paying.

If you really have your heart set on this course at wollongong, i think this is your best bet. Just be prepared for another year of school.

only_me

HSC
Thank you very much for your help! Without Wings, or anyone else, do u know of any "teaching"/ "childhood" TAFE courses I could do for a year and then could transfer to uni and they would count?

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
im not sure what the uai for arts this year will be but perhaps you could do a year of that and if you have done well enough (credit average) they will let you transfer

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Get into uni and then transfer, it's the easiest way to do it.

only_me

HSC
Is transfering hard oncce you get into uni, or will I be able to do an arts course at, say, UWS, and then transfer to teaching in Wollongong? Or would it be easier to transfer from arts in Wollongong to teaching in Wollongong? I am so confused! Please help!

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
it would be easier to transfer from one uow course to another... its a short walk to each deans office haha

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Transferring internally at UOW is easy, there's a Transfer FAQ in one of the stickied threads, read that and you'll find the easy way to get what you want. I've changed degrees 4 times and majors 12 times, so it's not like it's a rare thing to do.

Scanorama

HSC
only_me said:
Is transfering hard oncce you get into uni, or will I be able to do an arts course at, say, UWS, and then transfer to teaching in Wollongong? Or would it be easier to transfer from arts in Wollongong to teaching in Wollongong? I am so confused! Please help!
Its easy as long as you have at least a credit average of 48 units of first year subject, then talk to the dean/sub-deans of education about it, if he/she is happy, you get the transfer. When you pick your elective, it is a good idea to have some eudcation subjects.

santaslayer

HSC
just put the teaching degree in as ur first preference for starters. u might still get in...

Aussiechick

HSC
santaslayer said:
just put the teaching degree in as ur first preference for starters. u might still get in...
I agree with this, you still have a chance of getting in. Then put a bachelor of arts as ur second preference because they'll probably accept you. The cut off last year was 81, but my friend got in with a UAI of 68.something. Then you can transfer to ur bachelor of teaching, or complete ur arts degree and then do a diploma of education in primary teaching :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)