Advice needed (1 Viewer)

Sushi1998

HSC
So guys prelims are coming up in two weeks.. I'm currently doing "DOT POINT" (book) for bio and chem.. Can anyone tell me if it's enough for practising with doing past papers and revising notes. Or should I strongly do more practise books.. I'm asking cause I'm kinda running out of time and don't really have time to do any other book after dot point but if any other books that might be MORE helpful then dot point to score well...plz let me know :))

Thanks in advance..

enigma_1

~~~~ Miss Cricket ~~~~
HSC
Nah i dont rlly recommend using dot point. Just use past papers and when you get questions that you have no idea about, go to your notes and revise that section. I think that's a faster and more efficient process than doing the whole dot point book. Plus, it's technically what you're gonna be getting in your exam, you're not gonna be getting tested on dot point lol. If you dont have past papers then there's several here which people have provided so just have a look around.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Excel study guides would be a much better option than dot point books-the latter just really helps you grasp the basic concepts, not really that much with application of concepts for an examination level.

Sushi1998

HSC
Thanks guys, though which is the best book for chemistry..

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
From experience, Dot Point is good for WEEKLY REVISION --> revising content, summing up and making sure you know your syllabus. So any content-heavy subjects like Business Studies, Legal Studies, Economics, Histories and Biology is a good time to use it

If you have the time, use Dot Point, then move on to past papers (but don't spend too much time on Dot Point)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)