Advice needed!!! (1 Viewer)

mishka

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone,

I need some advice. I'm in Yr 12 and I want to do a BEd Primary, but I'm stumped as to which uni to choose!!!!! SAM spits out UAI's of 85-92, but I really don't know what I want to do!!!!!

I'm planning on going to open days, etc. but I'm having heaps of trouble judging which would be best.

Any advice would be appreciated!!!!!

HELLLLLLLP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

librariver

Visit all of them and choose wisely, as to the one that you're comfortable
with and confident in. Choose the one which will excell your talents and
your destiny. I don't know what you want to major in, but which ever it is,
I'm sure its what you long for and have passion in doing it.
Do what do are destined to do at a Uni that you'll be confindent in!

That is my advice to you. ------I wish you well in your journey!

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
personally i think you need to see as many unis as you can and figure out what it is you want in a campus.
do you want lots of concrete and tall buildings? go to a sydney uni. do you want a natural bushland setting? come to newcastle...all that sorta stuff, you need to weigh up.
also, keep in mind dont select a uni coz it has x cutoff, a higher cutoff doesnt necessarily mean a better teaching program.
also, talk to your careers advisor and various teachers, see if you can find out what unis they went to and what they thought.
also, do you want to move out of home, or do you want to stay at home? obviously, that is a major factor.
but, to get my necessary plug in, come to newcastle!! hahaha!

santaslayer

HSC
You should choose the university that suits you. The vibe of the uni is probably the most important. Education degrees are probably free from all the 'elitism' and 'reputation' crap that comes along with other courses, so the most important thing you should consider is the 'feel' and the proximity from home. :)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Santa isn't explicitedly endorsing UWS for some reason. Santa must be transfering. :p

nick1048

Mè çHöP ŸèW
The Mat®ix Ordinates: Sector 1-337- Statu
HSC
choose something u really enjoy, chances are the thing u enjoy the most will be your best subject... Although that's not always the case... Why don't you take out some textbooks and see what the courses require, for instance my micro economics textbook gives me an overlook as to what it would be like if I was studying Economics in University

capsicum

HSC
UTS is a good uni for primary education. i got all the information booklets on that course for most of the big unis and i personally think UTS was the best uni for primary ed. upon finishing the course at UTS, your degree will be recognised internationally too. i thought that was good as it opens up more opportunities of getting a job.

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
flyin' said:
Santa isn't explicitedly endorsing UWS for some reason. Santa must be transfering. :p
Doesnt he normally endorse UOW?

mishka

HSC
N/A
thanks everyone, for your advice!!! I'll make sure I check everything out!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)