Advice (1 Viewer)

karam

SELWYN
HSC
hey guys,
i am interested:
B commerce/B law
B economics/B law

but it dont know if i can get the UAI to get in the course directly, just wondering what course can i do for one year that has a UAI of around 75+ and then transfer into any of the two courses above??

lawgrad1

HSC
Two suggestions ...

1) You may want to consider UNE's Principal Rec Scheme. Under this, your school can recommend you for a place at UNE and as long as UNE accepts you for a particular course, it doesn't matter what your UAI is.

2) The UAI's for B Economics, B Financial Administration, B Business tend to be around 70 so that might be another avenue available.

karam

SELWYN
HSC
hey mate, thaks for the advice.
You know with the UNE's Principal Rec Scheme do other universities have it? and is it easy to apply for it.

cheers

lawgrad1

HSC
No probs.

I think quite a few unis have something similar to the Principal Rec Scheme. Generally they are the regional unis. Try and do a search around the uni websites.

The UNE Principal Rec Scheme is pretty easy to apply for. Under it, regardless of your UAI, you can be selected if your school recommends your ability to do well at uni. I think you still have to meet any prerequisites for particular courses.

I think after filling out some paperwork, you get your school to fill out details on how you went at school. The application is assessed on the strength of the recommendation and supporting information provided by your school. If you get a place under the scheme, you secure your place by listing the particular course on your list of UAC preferences.

I'd recommend that you try and talk to your careers advisor about it to get the paperwork started. From memory, I think the applications close around September so there's still a bit of time for you to decide, but it's a good back-up to have.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Off the top of my head, the other main two unis which have it are Charles Sturt and Southern Cross, but Charles Sturt don't offer law.

With early entry, you also get peace of mind in that you have gotten in long beofre anyine else finds out. I found out on the 8th of December and most of my friends found out in January!

karam

SELWYN
HSC
thanks guys that alot of stress of my back, but um can i still apply for a Scholarship.

lawgrad1

HSC
Yeah, you still should be able to apply for a scholarship.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)