Aerospace engineering career outlook in Melbourne? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi... I was just curious if anyone here has done Aerospace Engineering/Law. I was particularly interested in the job outlook - I wish to remain in Melbourne (no travel).

Is it easy to find suitable work after finishing this degree?
What kind of salary does it give?

Aeroplanes are my passion and I really want to transfer from engineering to aerospace next year. I go to monash (clayton).

Thankyou for your help in advance!

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
engineering/law. what a stupid combo. ok, engineerin/commerce or engineering/business i understand. but why/ how the fuck did you come up with considering engo/ law. please, for the sake of not wasting your life and money on the law degree which will be totally irrelevant to engineering and be a total waste of fucking time. dont do it.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Imagine you're looking into a broad rolling meadow with nothing in sight as far as the eye can see.

That is the career outlook for any sort of aerospace degree in Australia.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
jb_nc said:
Imagine you're looking into a broad rolling meadow with nothing in sight as far as the eye can see.

That is the career outlook for any sort of aerospace degree in Australia.
this.

doink

Clone
HSC
big8oyjames said:
engineering/law. what a stupid combo. ok, engineerin/commerce or engineering/business i understand. but why/ how the fuck did you come up with considering engo/ law. please, for the sake of not wasting your life and money on the law degree which will be totally irrelevant to engineering and be a total waste of fucking time. dont do it.
liek i heardz dat liek engonirng and lawz r bof liek goot at problemz solvent nd stufz 'nd liek i mite wnt 2 b lawya at engoneern ferm?

Mebe me liek do law bt dnot liek commrc bt like maths n physcs?

wt d fuk dey teech u at tht shitcnt uni lewl?

EDIT:

Law ---> Good Prospects in Melbourne
Aerospace ---> You could always teach?

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
this is fucking australia. speak english you dickhead.

HSC
Actually the only reason I choose this course is out of my own interest... I always enjoyed maths/science and I wanted to study law. I know the combination is crap .... but I am following my two interests. Besides heaps of people study law/science - these are different too.

After law/eng you can become a IP lawyer or an engineer.... or you can represent some law cases where technical assistance is required - for example in aircraft crashes... so on.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
umm...you jsut finished 1 degree, why you wanna be at uni again?

HSC
Because biomed was a bad choice - I discovered that I would hate studying medicine in about the 2nd yr of my degree. It wasn't worth dropping it after my 2nd yr so i just finished it.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
good point. lol, funny i know a person at uni who did bio med aswell...finished that and does civil engineering.

anyways, do eng/commerce or something

antarctic

HSC
You may want to have a look at:

http://www.aeromech.usyd.edu.au/windsoc/company_database/company_database3.pdf

The list of organisations is rather NSW-centric, but there are interstate organisations as well.

In terms of how easy it will be to find a job, it will really depend on factors such as how the aerospace industry is, how picky you are with what sort of jobs you want to do, luck, etc, etc.

As for pay, check out:

http://www.careers.usyd.edu.au/students/forms/GDS2006eng.pdf

However, note that this data is 2 years old.

Finally, keep in mind that many of skills you learn in an aerospace engineering degree are rather generic/transferable to other fields.

spartan31234

HSC
I would avoid aerospace if u want to go into Rnd ( Reshearch and Des..)
Australia has few(Very few) aerospace industries - just boring maintence and assembly(Airforce) ect - very very limited RnD

don't think any AUS uni could match USA or EUropes Unis in aerospace (in Rnd)

really u have to look for international jobs, then u have to compete with those students

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)