After the bomb creative writing (1 Viewer)

mushroom_magic

HSC
could some fellow extension students please give me some ideas for creative writing? i have currently hit a brick wall with it!! :mad1:

fax machine

HSC
You could write about some incident that has caused a character to lose faith in humanity/question God etc. Just be sure to include a few literary conventions - existentialism is easy to include and you could always try your luck with absurdism by adding black humour, however the marker may not get it lol

Spazo

HSC
I try to write from a general way of thinking that I found in the texts or mix two together to make them more individual, such as;
McCarthyism and housewifedom... A housewife kills her husband when she suspects him of being a russian spy
Fear of totalitarianism and the space race... A satellite makes all the suburban housewives buy mixmasters to aid an alien invasion (ok call me crazy)
The influx of Mass media and the Vietnam war... A photographer who has to live with the images he took embedded in his mind.
The traditional, After the Bomb... A nuclear bomb lands in your hometown... I didn't rip Hersey off at all...
BUT you won't get good marks unless you embrace the awesomeness of the freedom of the techniques of this era. Write from multiple perspectives, or have the narrator address the audience, you could show the degradation of humanity by leaving out punctuation in a paragraph, or place things out of order. Use what you've learned from your texts, if you studied Spy Who Cam In... do a spy one or whatever.
Don't worry about what your writing, if you do lots, with different ideas and experiments, you'll find one that you're happy with.
Hope that helped. :)

zarlaya11

HSC
I try to write from a general way of thinking that I found in the texts or mix two together to make them more individual, such as;
McCarthyism and housewifedom... A housewife kills her husband when she suspects him of being a russian spy
Fear of totalitarianism and the space race... A satellite makes all the suburban housewives buy mixmasters to aid an alien invasion (ok call me crazy)
The influx of Mass media and the Vietnam war... A photographer who has to live with the images he took embedded in his mind.
The traditional, After the Bomb... A nuclear bomb lands in your hometown... I didn't rip Hersey off at all...
BUT you won't get good marks unless you embrace the awesomeness of the freedom of the techniques of this era. Write from multiple perspectives, or have the narrator address the audience, you could show the degradation of humanity by leaving out punctuation in a paragraph, or place things out of order. Use what you've learned from your texts, if you studied Spy Who Cam In... do a spy one or whatever.
Don't worry about what your writing, if you do lots, with different ideas and experiments, you'll find one that you're happy with.
Hope that helped. :)
REALLY GOOD IDEAS!! I'm just trying to mess around with text forms, using unusual conventions such as second person narration.

mushroom_magic

HSC
Thanks a bunch those are some good ideas and some weird ideas at the same time.....we probably think alike although my weird ideas in creative writing tend to get me lower marks in eng ext because i dont address the paradigms....so i need to drill that in my mind ..paradigm..paradigm..paradigm...

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
All the related texts are set in the earliest post-war period, so if you want the markers to be 'impressed', set it in the later years (and obviously research the era to have..'textual integrity'), to show that you have taken a personal interest in the period and done some work for yourself.

Another idea is to write it from the Eastern perspective, because most (all?) of the texts are written from the Western. And you want to stand out/be unique to get the marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)