Age Difference (1 Viewer)

Do you have a preference of how much older/younger someone is that you go out with?

• Yes; they have to be the SAME age!

Votes: 48 2.8%
  • No; I don;t mind!

Votes: 655 38.3%
  • Yes; no more than a year younger/older than me!

Votes: 594 34.8%
  • I like older/younger men/women!

Votes: 411 24.1%

• Total voters
K

katie_tully

My boyfriend is 25 and I'm 18. So far (and we've been together for a year), it hasn't been an issue. The only time it was hard was when I was 17 and he was 24 and I couldn't go to the pub with he and his mates, so our social activities were limited.
He doesn't have marriage or kids on his mind for a while, so that also suits me...
I don't think age makes a lot of difference, so long as you are mature enough to distinguish between why you like him/her, and whether it's just the novelty of an older partner.

danieljarvis

HSC
bittersweet_em said:
what the hell is he doing with a girl that much younger than him?? can't he find someone his own age? something must be up with him
directed at my example i assume... i've never met him so i cant comment on him.., he was her personal trainer at the gym i think! im pretty sure he's got some money to throw around! or likes to think he does anyway..
she's a good mate but... granted its kinda weird.. priscilla presley was 14 when elvis was 25 and they started dating. lol!

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
5 years to me seems like an OK margin. Anything outside, it must wither be love or insanity...

Hanzo

HSC
i like 16 yr olds
coz der legal
and der soo easy
hahahaha
and i also like milfs .. like 30s and 40s..
bcoz der pretty hot i recon..
and der hard to come by.. so its more challenge..
however i dislike da chicks dat r around my age... der no fun

peace^^

HSC
My boyfriend is 11 years older then me. We have been together for three years.

To me, it depends on the people, it works for us. But it probably wouldn't work for some of my friends!

HSC
Jago said:
Two words: Statutory Rape.
You'll actually find, the police in NSW won't do anything without the younger person's complaint.

My mum tried taking my now brother in law through all that shit over a two year age gap!

VanCarBus

~--> Quincy <--~
HSC
babydoll_ said:
SORRY TEH WINNAR INVEDAD MY BODY FOR A MOMETN THERE!!

I THINK ILL GOO NOW
omg, sorry to say but i really hate ppl with massive spelling errors...cant even read without reading thrice

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Pink_Butterfly said:
You'll actually find, the police in NSW won't do anything without the younger person's complaint.
But you dont care about all those staring eyes as you hold hands down the street?

So, anyway, you were 14 when he was 25, when you were together? I'd love to meet this guy.

chochibi

HSC
Glenn198718 said:
age difference shouldnt matter if you love the person thats all that matters nothing else
but still too much is too much

for me atm.. id say give or take a yr.. i guess itd change once i get into uni

HSC
Smokey_22 said:
But you dont care about all those staring eyes as you hold hands down the street?

So, anyway, you were 14 when he was 25, when you were together? I'd love to meet this guy.
No, I'm almost 20 now. So when we met I was 17 - which made him 28. I don't see why I should care what other people think! If you want to be a rude fuck a judge people, then you have to live with yourself and your thoughts, I don't! Your problem, you deal with it!!!

There's worse people out there, then two people falling in love despite an age gap!!!

Smokey_22

the member
HSC
Pink_Butterfly said:
No, I'm almost 20 now. So when we met I was 17 - which made him 28. I don't see why I should care what other people think! If you want to be a rude fuck a judge people, then you have to live with yourself and your thoughts, I don't! Your problem, you deal with it!!!

There's worse people out there, then two people falling in love despite an age gap!!!
Then why are you completing your hsc next year. its only natural for me to assume you were 14, when you are an '06er and you say that youve been together for 3 years. Do the math - you met him when you were 14.

But if you say you were 17, then i can respect that. Good for you if you're in love. You shouldn't care what others think!
edit: But you have to realise that you will be judged.

Last edited:
HSC
Smokey_22 said:
Then why are you completing your hsc next year. its only natural for me to assume you were 14, when you are an '06er and you say that youve been together for 3 years. Do the math - you met him when you were 14.

But if you say you were 17, then i can respect that. Good for you if you're in love. You shouldn't care what others think!
edit: But you have to realise that you will be judged.
I took a few of years off and am doing my HSC through OTEN.

I don't care if I'm judged! It's not my problem how other people see me, just like its not theirs the way I see them.

Wether its the fact I look older for my age (or he looks younger or both) or people just don't judge as much you think, we have never had anyone make comments about our age difference from people who didn't know us.

MAztinA 323

HSC
Re: age difference (merged)

hey there, this is my first post, and i am a 19yo guy (australian)

and i was dating a chinese chick 4.5 years older than me! lol
(i was 17-18, she was 21-22) and that seemed to work out fine! but now we're brokened up, but it was my first real relationship, so i guess thats a reason

do u think 5 years is way too much?
i mite be starting on a 22 yo chinese chick soon (3 years isnt so bad.. hehe)

MAztinA 323

HSC

umm... ok.. ive never really used internet chat language to speak properly, but i suppose this post could be a start (i speak the most formally around most of my friends), i don't want to be proud, but she could have passed me off as a 20 year old guy as opposed to a 17 year old.

i cannot be bothered to read the whole thread, but what age difference have you had in relationships before?

MAztinA 323

HSC

do u prefer caucasian or asian guys? (by the way, are you caucasian?)

minushuman

tafe pride
HSC

Thats pretty cool, if i wasn't happily taken with my girlfriend i'd be trying to hit some older asian pussy just for shits and giggles. Screams of pain as I push my average sized Australian penis into her tiny opening would fill me with such joy. Man she'd think I was totally hung compared to all the loser asian guys in the world with their small penii.

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC

Tommy_Lamp said:
i find that in Greece (and most of europe for that matter), most of the girls are dating guys much older then them, like 5-8yrs diff, but thats simply because their much more mature then over here, so it comes down to maturity and like minai said, goals
only in greece uh?

i dont think that 5 years difference is nothing

im 19, wouldnt go higher than 23/24 i think
i dont wanna waste my time and potential with some old fart that will eventually want to get married

my friend has been going out with a guy since she was 17, he is now nearly 29, she is 19, the guy was good at first with her going out n stuff, now he wants to sit at home like a married couple, old man, she has been with him for so long she cant let go already...
BORING LOL

and i would only date a guy a couple of years youngerr.. thats when im older though
ahh who knows

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)