Age of Empires (1 Viewer)

Affinity

HSC
Methinks.. Every serious player plays chinese for rm... except in team games. special units are basically useless .. don't have enough castles to make enough of them. feudal-> archers + skirmisher + paliside their gold, tower their woodpit. Castle-> knights, imp->champions.

Goths don't have the last armour(or was it the last attack) upgrade for infantry, major disadvantage for the imperial age.
Huns are alright, but no houses just isn't useful as starting with 6 villagers and 10% discount on tech :p.

By the way, I use to play as KOBR_ZA on the zone about 4 years ago, anyone in the same clan here?

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
Methinks.. Every serious player plays chinese for rm... except in team games. special units are basically useless .. don't have enough castles to make enough of them. feudal-> archers + skirmisher + paliside their gold, tower their woodpit. Castle-> knights, imp->champions
yeh chinese are quite good with the extra villigers. they are also good for long games such as Blackforrest and Michi.

if u havent heard Michi is this custom map everyone plays online. its basically a strip of forrest separating two teams and only way to get across is to use seige onargers . basically its good if u want to have a imperial battle without people flushing and Krushing in feudal or castle age respectivly.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
less infantry cost in all ages, and if the game happens to make it to the imperial age, infantry are dirt cheap and build 103% faster... takes about 3-4 secods for one unit to be made.
I have about 7 barracks, thats about a unit per .6 seconds. this also includes huskarls, whom are very effective against archers.
bascially I overrun the opponent =p

only problem is that if your playing arabia , then game doesnt usually make it to imperial age. and if your playing blackforrrest , u dont have proper walls.

but yes huskarls are excellent against archers.

the thing i dont like is people who are seige whores. they basically dont use any other unit except scoprians and onargers. so its really really hard to do anything about it. i think its not very strategic

Affinity

HSC
Trebs + alot of infantry.. seige weapons loose .. gold for gold

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Affinity said:
Trebs + alot of infantry.. seige weapons loose .. gold for gold

thats what i use to think . but in maps where your fighting only in a small area becuase of wood surrounding you, when 10 seige onargers are attacking you, u can easily lose all your infentry and trebs , becuase of the large area the onargers can cover. putting bombards is a good idea thnough

Affinity

HSC
there's always the opportunity of finishing them before they get enough to be annoying :p

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
CrashOveride said:
if you look at all the professionals...who play at stuff liek WCG, all the top guys use to go HUNS...(i dloaded their games agesss ago in an attempt to get better) =p

yeh so did i , watching and leanrign is the besty , but i still cant get much better as much as i try

PoP 'n' Fresh

Poke me! I giggle!
HSC
did the guy quit at the 13 min mark or so?
seems like a typical game to me... though reds economy was suffering dearly from no resources =p

ive also heard of a monk rush strategy. Tried it once... though the opponent was an idiot... so it worked... never tried again

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
PoP 'n' Fresh said:
did the guy quit at the 13 min mark or so?
seems like a typical game to me... though reds economy was suffering dearly from no resources =p

ive also heard of a monk rush strategy. Tried it once... though the opponent was an idiot... so it worked... never tried again
you have to watch the blue guy , becuase he gets rushed. he makes an amazing comeback

for example red advances to imp age and blue is still castle, and he manages to fight on.

it did seem like REd didnt play his best at times, but still great play by blue

Shaynie69

HSC
Ok you can call me a nerd
BUT
i have Aoe 1 & 2 and i have Age Of Mythology......Age of mythology is SHIT SHIT SHIT
Aoe2 is a shitload better!

That is all...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
AoM was quite good, a little confusing at first, but the god skills were awesome once used right :)

As for 2, i usually used Conquistadors or Samurai as special units. First for sheer fun at having mounted guns and second for strategic play against special infantry.

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Shaynie69 said:
Ok you can call me a nerd
BUT
i have Aoe 1 & 2 and i have Age Of Mythology......Age of mythology is SHIT SHIT SHIT
Aoe2 is a shitload better!

That is all...

lol i have aoe 1 , aok , aoc , and getting aoe3 when it comes out. i also have aom, but its not a real version so i cant play multiplayer

Shaynie69

HSC
white lady said:
what's so fuckin bad bout AOM?

dont you dare swear at me again!!!!!! Thats not Jess is it?!?

yah the god powers are mad but the graphics....they tried to hard and itwas just...ugggghhh. AOE3??? madd i didnt even know they were coming out with that until tonight, ill get that...

woooh im officially a nerd!!!! Does that mean im smart :D

Last edited:

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
yeh in Aom the god powerd are wicked. i liek the meteors and twister the best. earthquake is wicked too

HSC
oooooooo! AoM god powers! they rocked! earthquake, tornado, PLENTY VAULT (yay :D) meteor, citadel.......soo many!

why oh WHY WON'T AOM REINSTALL IN MY COMPUTER??

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
by the way one of the creators of Age of Empires 3 said , if Aom works fine on your computer Aoe3 would run aswell. how ever said that he also said aoe3 has included visuals thats are only supported by the next generation of video cards. meaning that average Pcs can run the game, but decked out PCs will experience amazing graphics

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)