Alcohol, what it can & cannot do.. (1 Viewer)

Driftz`

Alcohol, wat it can & cannot do..

Hey all, i was just thinkin bout the subject of alcohol and how it makes people 'do stuff' without really knowing it or sum yadda yadda.. i've heard that this is the cause of many relationships ending coz 1 end of it, cheated with 'alcohol' causing them to not know what they're doing.. Am i the only one that see's this as total b.s? I reckon that if your in a serious relationship n you really like/love the other, alcohol shouldnt effect anything, no matter the situation.. Post your thoughts please :p

Driftz`

yeah i know it can unbalance u in ways.. but surely a part of u still knows whats right and whats wrong.. i mean maybe its just me, but after drinking in excess at parties with girls dressed up like maids dancin round like strippers, i still stayed away, as im in a relationship myself.. lol I reckon alcohol is just an excuse for a wrong when its done (duh) lol

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
well, i guess if u really really love someone that sticks in the back of your mind, u know, like ur name, and u realise whats wrong. but i'm saying if you really really love someone.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
wtf are u talking about, i've been totally tanked up on alcohol and i was stilll fairly much in control of my thoughts, if i slept with someone i would of known it and it would of been a purposful act.

I believe that the truth is... BEFORE people get drunk, they already have in the back of their mind what they wanna do.... then they get drunk and lose the inhabitions, it's a good excuse that works too often.

breaking

paint huffing moron
HSC
heh i (apparently) did something funny once when i was drunk.... i got with my mates g/f and he got pissed off, so i pashed him

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
well i suppose i can't really say anything to that now can i?

but me for instance, when i start drinking i think irrationally, and do things that i wouldn't have even considered if sober. i agree that it is the inhibitations that are the only difference between the two.

i don't even know what i'm talking about now. you've confused me.

Driftz`

Not-That-Bright said:
wtf are u talking about, i've been totally tanked up on alcohol and i was stilll fairly much in control of my thoughts, if i slept with someone i would of known it and it would of been a purposful act.

I believe that the truth is... BEFORE people get drunk, they already have in the back of their mind what they wanna do.... then they get drunk and lose the inhabitions, it's a good excuse that works too often.
Same here!! I always know the difference between an apple & an orange! :cool: but hmm i really think that the excuse of alcohol is used too often to cover up a real f*ckup.. lol

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
Alcohol lead me into a long term relationship and eventually an engagement to the most perfect girl on earth.... I'm defintely pro-alcohol :D

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
yea
alcohol does not create split personality disorder... alcohol just makes your reaction times slower... meaning u may not think things thru as well like 'should i ask her out', but basic fundamental stuff like 'should i have sex with my best friends gf' would still be kinda automatic i imagine..

Driftz`

dark*sparkle said:
well, i guess if u really really love someone that sticks in the back of your mind, u know, like ur name, and u realise whats wrong. but i'm saying if you really really love someone.

Ahh i disagree.. I don't think you really gotta be in love or anything, i mean if you respect the relationship your in, you should be fine.. and also, the word 'temptation' wouldnt exist 2 u either! What u reckon?

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
Driftz` said:
Ahh i disagree.. I don't think you really gotta be in love or anything, i mean if you respect the relationship your in, you should be fine.. and also, the word 'temptation' wouldnt exist 2 u either! What u reckon?
i was in a relationship for eighteen months and all the times i cheated was when i was under the influence. maybe i just don't hv respect for relationships or mine at the time.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
you obviously didn't, if you did it on numerous occasions...
I feel sorry for the girl who's heart you broke, she definately deserved better than that.

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
well there are no excuses. just longwinded explanations that probably don't justify what i did anyway.

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
you obviously didn't, if you did it on numerous occasions...
I feel sorry for the girl who's heart you broke, she definately deserved better than that.
sweetie i am a girl

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
at least you admit it now.. if it happened a while ago you were probably fairly young then anyway

*girl.. .guy, either way you broke someones heart. A guy deserves better than a girl that cheats on him every time she drinks...

dark*sparkle

Fabulous Member
HSC
Not-That-Bright said:
at least you admit it now.. if it happened a while ago you were probably fairly young then anyway

*girl.. .guy, either way you broke someones heart. A guy deserves better than a girl that cheats on him every time she drinks...
i cheated on him once, the other times we were on so-called "breaks". the point is everytime i did anything it was when i was under the influence.

but youre right because i was young and stupid and i learnt a lot from that entire episode.

Driftz`

Not-That-Bright said:

Ohhh i definately agree on that.. "A guy deserves better than a girl that cheats on him every time she drinks..." so damn true man.. what a PATHETIC excuse i agree it is when i hear it. No offence to you dark*sparkle, but im directing this to the females in general who arent young and stupid, though still blame their instances on alcohol. It's a real shame to the guys it happens to as well, really messes em up!

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Yea i've had a girl cheat on me... purposely, and that felt bad but at least i knew what to do.
I can't imagine facing the dilema of having someone u like cheat on you 'because they were drunk', it's so much harder to say no when there's a glimmer of hope. This happening a few times i think could ruin a guy =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)