Alice In Wonderland Monologues (1 Viewer)

dayyna

HSC
hey guys, just wondering if anyone has come across any good monologues from alice in wonderland?
particularly looking for mad hatter or red queen/queen of hearts monologues.

needs to be at least 6-8 mins. (is for drama IP)

thanks!

Johnny Isotopes

HSC
You could probably create a monologue yourself, by reading the book, or analysing it whatever. Are you talking about the ancient 'Alice' or the new Tim Burton one? Becuase the Tim Burton one focuses on what happened the second time ALice went down the rabbit hole. Perhaps you could use both texts to create a kinda polar opposite type of thing?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
To be honest, I'd stay away from Alice in Wonderland. In the past three years, I've encountered 4. Needless to say, if I've known that many, then there must be a heap of other that have happened. By all means, you can do it. However, personally I wouldn't recommend it. In particular, anything that is roughly:
A Monologue by Chesire Cat
A Monologue by Alice
A Monologue by Queen Of Heats
The whole adventure as a drug trip/hullucination

Hmurra

HSC
yeah apparently i've heard about loads of Alice and wonderland monologues and i kinda want to do one too when i'm in yr12 (Yr11 @the moment).
like someone said.... write it yourself!

in yr 9 i wrote a monologue for english out of alice and wonderland that went for 3-4 minutes and it was soooooo easy to extract things out of the book, just take all the lines!

also try to use lots of movements and mannerisms that is of that character cause you'll get a way better mark if you do that than just saying it!

i'm also a Massive fan of Alice and wonderland and you can take stuff from all the movies too as well as the book! the older the movie the better!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Again, I must point out that with the release of the Burton film, it will probably be a common choice for the next two years or so.

Ampharos93

HSC
i love AiW.. but it wouldn't be wise.. like.. for my creative writing for my mid course, i want to write some REAL crazy fiction, and just reading AiW and seeing tim burtons.. all i can think of is forest. running little girl.. confused little girl.. the opening of the first book and the movie.. REALLY annoying. but yeah, doing drama also, you know the trend will be AiW for a while.

SSRabbitohs2009

28:06:42:12
HSC
To be honest, I'd stay away from Alice in Wonderland. In the past three years, I've encountered 4. Needless to say, if I've known that many, then there must be a heap of other that have happened. By all means, you can do it. However, personally I wouldn't recommend it. In particular, anything that is roughly:
A Monologue by Chesire Cat
A Monologue by Alice
A Monologue by Queen Of Heats
The whole adventure as a drug trip/hullucination
+1.

Maybe write/re-write one that is based on AiW (and I mean, just drawing on influence from it).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)