Alienation Additional Materials (1 Viewer)

Bayglez

HSC
This year we did Alienation as our AOS and was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest some additional materials I could use in my exams coming up fairly soon?

p.s. we used "The Year My Voice Broke" (pretty bad movie)

Anyways Thanks <BaygleZ>

TheStallion

HSC
I suppose you could use Edward Scissorhands - it's extremely easy to understand, and should fit perfectly with the theme of alienation.

Fish Tank

That guy
HSC
I suppose you could use Edward Scissorhands - it's extremely easy to understand, and should fit perfectly with the theme of alienation.
Yeah, Edward Scissorhands should be a good one. It's about a guy with scissors for hands, brought into suburbia and treated like a freak. I used it for "American Society and the Individual", but it should do the job for "Alienation" (basically same concept imo).

benhaddad

HSC
film im thinking castaway!!

books im thinking something like "we need to talk about kevin" by lionel shriver

both great texts which can be applied

Bayglez

HSC
thanks all, I think I'll use Edward ScissorHands and a song we did in class (Cats in the cradle).

NewiJapper

HSC
A good movie to do is either schindler's list or the pianist. Both show an extreme form of alienation by a persons race.

We did alienation too, but our core text was "The Catcher in the Rye". Fuck you Holden haha :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)