All Images Missing (1 Viewer)

pman

Banned
HSC
Anybody else notice a complete lack of images on the site, also the quick jump bar doesn't work

johony

HSC
did they disable it in order for the site to run quicker and hog less bandwidth?

Azamakumar

bannèd
HSC
did they disable it in order for the site to run quicker and hog less bandwidth?
yeah this is hte one
they usually turn off report post and all those popup messages around this time
probably turned everything off to squeeze a bit more out of the new servers

also its not all pics, just the site icons
embedded imgs still work

terminator69

HSC
Seems highly unlikely because:
- they are very small in size.
- they are probably stored in cache ie. you don't re download them every time you refresh.
they usually turn off report post and all those popup messages around this time
I think that would be pretty stupid if they are doing this instead of disabling search or user list.
also its not all pics, just the site icons
embedded imgs still work
Those aren't stored on BoS servers.

Last edited:

Predator78

HSC
I find that even some of the emoticons are not working some are some aren't.Ahwell should be fixed soon anyways:)

johony

HSC
Seems highly unlikely because:
- they are very small in size.
- they are probably stored in cache ie. you don't re download them every time you refresh. Those aren't stored on BoS servers.
but there's dozens of images of various sizes on a single page, multiply that by one or two thousand and then it should have some sort of effect on the server.

whitespace

HSC
N/A
Dear BoS engineers/owners.

Please be less shit and upgrade this service to the bare minimal standard, which includes a user-friendly interface (no more of this guessing game thanks, I don't know what I'm clicking on most of the time) and no more fucking 500 Internal Service Errors.

Thank you.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Dear BoS engineers/owners.

Please be less shit and upgrade this service to the bare minimal standard, which includes a user-friendly interface (no more of this guessing game thanks, I don't know what I'm clicking on most of the time) and no more fucking 500 Internal Service Errors.

Thank you.
Don't like it, don't use it.

terminator69

HSC
but there's dozens of images of various sizes on a single page, multiply that by one or two thousand and then it should have some sort of effect on the server.
The total would be kilobytes in size. It wouldn't make much of a difference on server load. Despite this, they would only be serving the images to people who have never visited the site before or have just cleared their cache so the effect would be even less.

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
stfu tard r u saying u like this bizarre UI u can barely use?
It works fine, and I'm thankful that I have a such a great resource to use for free. So if you don't like it donate or find another forum to disrupt

Jaylee42003

HSC
sorry were an inconvenience to you... inconsiderate people of this world... fmd
geez take it personally y don't u :/ and i didnt mean it in a fuck off sorta way. just that most of the ppl using the site atm r one-timers. they will be gone after the hsc is done. don't take it personally ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)