all journeys provide opportunities (1 Viewer)

poOcaliciOus

HSC
hey guys,

for one of my assessment tasks we need to do a 6min speech on the topic " all journeys provide opportunities " and relate in to imaginative journeys, the tempest and 2 related texts

any ideas people can help me with on the topic?

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
if people havent done so already, i would like to extend our welcome to the BOS forums! to poOcaliciOus. Welcome!

well, first of all, u start with a small thesis statement on that exact topic. where you will develop your argument from is this: HOW does the texts show to us that journeys provide opportunity?

perhaps it might be through:

--> the physical and metaphorical representation of 'paths'
--> through reflections from the past
--> through life-changing decisions

then from there, u strengthen ur arguments with ur quotes, ur references to techniques, etc...

i suggest that u might like to use one of the texts from the stimulus booklet, and to preferably choose perhaps a visual text, like a painting or a film, to demonstrate ur extensive knowledge of techniques and applying those techniques to answer the question

hope ur speech goes well!

l-mercedes-l

Has left the building :D
Thanks to everyone who went out of their way to he
HSC
poOcaliciOus said:
hey guys,

for one of my assessment tasks we need to do a 6min speech on the topic " all journeys provide opportunities " and relate in to imaginative journeys, the tempest and 2 related texts

any ideas people can help me with on the topic?

Firstly, where you have a statement like all journeys provide opportunities you need to be very careful that you stick to it in your speech, but heres the thing. you dont have to aggree with the statment. in fact it will probably come as a welcome break from everyone elses response in your class if you get up there and look, for example at how journeys are limiting? and i envision you could do this by looking at how we try to control the journey and the destination. there is a fabulous extract in the 2004hsc exam from steinbeck that would work brilliantly, perhaps as an opening.

However you decide to tackle it, make sure your super conscious of having ONE VERY CLEAR DIRECTION AND ARGUEMENT. write it on a piece of paper and blue tack it up where your writing. dont lose that focus, or your speech will be ambigious. the secret to giving great speeches is to be super focused and have 3 main points, that you repeat 3 times, ALWAYS linking it back to your line of arguement.

Goodluck

funnybunny

funniest bunny in th land
HSC
with speeches, i suggest that u address the audience somehow (such as could u plz turn 2 page 2 of the handout, even though ur not using a handout )...cause it makes ur speech unique and stand out against the others..

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
poOcaliciOus said:
hey guys,
to do a 6min speech on the topic " all journeys provide opportunities " and relate in to imaginative journeys, the tempest and 2 related texts
QUOTE]

hmmmmm stratty girls :]

butterflyxx

HSC
Hey everyone,

I'm doing the same questions too but my core text is 'Away' by Michael Gow. Does anyone know a poem, song lyric or a visual relating to that play? =\ In need of urgent help!

Thanks.

vogue

FaShIoNiStA
HSC
Ronkiti said:
Ha...Sylvia, kristay, anyone else want to reveal themselves?....

interesting as we all live here now yet i wanna know who is alll

sylvia who are u
and ronkiti? you adressed me now its ur turn
butterflyxx

and how did u guess me from vogue????????????? :} we should make this the stratty forum

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Though one thing for sure is that, if you're planning to stick to a thesis in your speech, be careful to not veer off to other aspects of the Imaginary Journey, always stick to the question.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)