All nighter on BoS on dec16th (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meilz92

where are my hair
HSC
Uni Grad
omg seriously guys
calm down ok

some of these posts obsessing over nervousness and 6am sharp tomorrow are scaring me
why should you be nervous when the worst part ended over a month ago?!

HSC
Uni Grad
omg seriously guys
calm down ok

some of these posts obsessing over nervousness and 6am sharp tomorrow are scaring me
why should you be nervous when the worst part ended over a month ago?!
indeed

jet

Banned
HSC
I think I'm going to chuck an all nighter now. Not too sure... I have to write up some lessons for some new students.

Thecorey0

HSC
I should go steal a newspaper from the newsagent this morning - find out the results, well band 6's 3-4 hours before everyone else.

Aeriff

HSC
I should go steal a newspaper from the newsagent this morning - find out the results, well band 6's 3-4 hours before everyone else.
That's just evil. I like it. But only if you promise to post them and somehow not get busted. :p

roookie

HSC
this has probably been asked a lot of times before.. but is SAM better or Matrix Calculator?

HSC
Uni Grad
I cant imagine posting the 6's a few hours early would be a big deal, as for calculators i do believe they are much the same.

wsm991

HSC
Hi sorry for the noob question here but once we get our final marks at 6am, do we type these results in SAM caculator for the atar estimate??
thanks for help!

jet

Banned
HSC
Hi sorry for the noob question here but once we get our final marks at 6am, do we type these results in SAM caculator for the atar estimate??
thanks for help!
Yup

ekoolish

Impossible?
HSC
thanks for help!
no these numbers are used to calculate your WAM. SAM=WAM is the general rule used.

wsm991

HSC
hey thanks for help but ekoolish i dont get what you mean..So when we get our final hsc marks by SMS, how can we predict our atar without waiting till the 17th???

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
hey thanks for help but ekoolish i dont get what you mean..So when we get our final hsc marks by SMS, how can we predict our atar without waiting till the 17th???
Use SAM on this site or you can use the Matrix calculator called UMAX which is just as good if not, better.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm going to judge which is better on the factor of which gives me a better estimate. :rolleyes:
Well really, the better would be the one which gives you the exact ATAR but I would refer a lower estimate...

You'd get a little freaked if it were uber low and then a nice surprise when the results are released on 17th.

Aeriff

HSC
Well really, the better would be the one which gives you the exact ATAR but I would refer a lower estimate...

You'd get a little freaked if it were uber low and then a nice surprise when the results are released on 17th.
I just did a quick test run then - UMAX gave me .05 better than SAM but it doesn't differentiate between 1 and 2 unit subjects properly so I had to enter a 1 unit score (SOR I) as 88 instead of 44.

I'm going to predict that SAM will be getting hammered anyway, so looks like UMAX it is.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Personally, I prefer UMAX because of the correlation you can see between the aligned marks and then the scaled marks. It's a good educator in my mind.

Thecorey0

HSC
Juai and Einstein are another two calculators. Not sure of their accurucy though. Their benefit is that they are downloadable, not relying on a website ten's of thousands of people will be using.

shady145

Banned
HSC
Juai and Einstein are another two calculators. Not sure of their accurucy though. Their benefit is that they are downloadable, not relying on a website ten's of thousands of people will be using.
i think einstein is around .05 from SAM aswell, thats what i'll be using ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)