• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

alone issues (1 Viewer)

sammygirl

HSC
ok. so, i don't want to be alone anymore, but when i am in a relationship, i get scared and self conscious about myself and worry and don't want to let them in. why am i such a freak????:confused:

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
You sound like alot of people I know. Just try and not be self concious is all I can say. It is very hard but you arnt that much of a freak, I have plenty of friends who have been in the same situation.

lengy

HSC
Everyone is self-conscious. Other's just hide it with ego, arrogance, pride, bitchiness or any other destructive personality types.

alez

feel like an angel
HSC
why are you so afraid to be alone? its not like you're deserted your just not in a relationship, but you still have friends and family, so you're not "alone" alone. anyway i think you should just try to be more friendly with ppl you dont know as well, and you will start to open up more.

ellen.louise

HSC
If you're with the right guy you won't feel this way. Till then, develop some independance and don't be so afraid to be alone! If you remember that you don't need some guy to make you feel better about yourself *trust me, you don't* you might even feel better about relationships with guys.

sammygirl

HSC
its not that im afraid of being alone. its just....im sick of it! so many people, just everywhere bein all lovey dovey and gooey and i feel left out. this may sound like one of those i-want-a-bf-coz-my-friend-has-one type things but its not. im a really affectionate person and i have no one to be affectionate to. well, except my friend. we can tell everyone we're lesbians again...........

sammygirl

HSC
for christ's sake why is it when someone's talking about affection people automatically assume they mean masturbation and sex!

ellen.louise

HSC
Damn we got deleted...

Yeah I get your meaning.

Question: do you have someone in mind or is it just that you want SOMEONE to be affectionate with?

ellen.louise

HSC
I suppose, keep trying. You might eventually find someone you feel more confident with. Don't look for comfort. It's not the best sign early in a relationship, shows you don't care all that much. Just look for... happy.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
sammygirl said:
its not that im afraid of being alone. its just....im sick of it! so many people, just everywhere bein all lovey dovey and gooey and i feel left out. this may sound like one of those i-want-a-bf-coz-my-friend-has-one type things but its not. im a really affectionate person and i have no one to be affectionate to. well, except my friend. we can tell everyone we're lesbians again...........
my friends are in long term relationships and engaged or married :p... chill.. this is not the worse thing that can happen

ellen.louise

HSC
You live in a small town: what are the chances of finding a guy that's just right for you there? I hope you have some luck here, but if not, it doesn't matter. You might go to uni some other place and meet him. (or her). ya never know.

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
lets see..
when u say small town are u talking about
A- Broken Hill
B- Adelaide
C- Newcastle..

cos it just takes time and mabbe u shouldnt get with someone in a small town.. really limits ure chances later

Captain Gh3y

Rhinorhondothackasaurus
HSC
ellen.louise said:
Damn we got deleted...

Yeah I get your meaning.

Question: do you have someone in mind or is it just that you want SOMEONE to be affectionate with?
hai :eek:

My (xemoxcorex's ) post was fucking valid

Have you moderators ever tried to meet a partner in Broken Hill?

WELL? HAVE YOU?

sammygirl

HSC
thanks people. ummm why did stuff get deleted?
maybe bein in a relationship here isn't a good thing. basically every guy i know in this town (broken hill) is a drop out n into drugs, in a really messy relationship we're they fight all the time and pretend to be smiley for everyone else, or alone and feeling even more sad than me, bordering on pathetic we're they think hey, no one wants me, i might just go impale myself on that pole.
so, great small town prospects.....

Pace_T

HSC
u could always move out of that hole when u get the chance lol

Gilbert1

Humoures Pun
HSC
sammygirl said:
its not that im afraid of being alone. its just....im sick of it! so many people, just everywhere bein all lovey dovey and gooey and i feel left out.
Oh god I know EXACTLY how you feel. The worst part atm with me is when I meet up with two of my best friends and the gf's. I love each and evryone one of them but when it's them four and me I want to kill myself. They do that whole couply crap and compare there relationships to eachother while I feel like a 5th wheel. Try and talk, doesn't help, it just brings the attention towards you, or should I say pitty fest. They ask how my love life is going then assure me that I will find someone, all In me saying about 5words. Oh shoot me please.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Gilbert1 said:
Oh god I know EXACTLY how you feel. The worst part atm with me is when I meet up with two of my best friends and the gf's. I love each and evryone one of them but when it's them four and me I want to kill myself. They do that whole couply crap and compare there relationships to eachother while I feel like a 5th wheel. Try and talk, doesn't help, it just brings the attention towards you, or should I say pitty fest. They ask how my love life is going then assure me that I will find someone, all In me saying about 5words. Oh shoot me please.
Times like this, its a great time to remind everyone you double dip, and you have aids.

Apocalypsse

HSC
sammygirl said:
thanks people. ummm why did stuff get deleted?
maybe bein in a relationship here isn't a good thing. basically every guy i know in this town (broken hill) is a drop out n into drugs, in a really messy relationship we're they fight all the time and pretend to be smiley for everyone else, or alone and feeling even more sad than me, bordering on pathetic we're they think hey, no one wants me, i might just go impale myself on that pole.
so, great small town prospects.....
Sounds like its time to move to a more populated/civilised area.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)