ALP Education Policy [regarding funding to independant and non-independant schools] (2 Viewers)

Colgs

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Please, anything that comes out of that paper is total and utter crap.
Is it? Or does subliminal bigotry make you jump to the conclusion that it is?

It's certainly got more truth to it that the sum total of all the Murdoch Press.

thorrnydevil

Ancient Member
HSC
N/A
Asquithian said:
much like anything the christian demcats publish?
Yes, any political magazine or publication has an obvious bias.

BTW, although the the "Murdoch Press" has a bias, it is more believable than the publications of a bunch of Communists.

leetom

there's too many of them!
HSC
I subscribed to the CPA's newspaper, I get it weekly. At first it was pretty cool but I got tired of it after while because of it's extremely polarised perspective.

The Culture and Life section is good as well as stuff written by Anna Pha. You've got to give those people praise for their dedication, it's sad to see that the Communist Party is reduced to just a weekly newspaper.

I find it funny when the paper quotes progress in China from the Xinhua News Agency.

Comrade nathan

HSC
thorrnydevil said:
Please, anything that comes out of that paper is total and utter crap.
They were using a source from "National Council for Vocational Education Research". But if a communist uses their research they must be utter crap to.

I dont see why a communist paper would be any less credible, what is their motive?

danie

a fool
HSC
a long and arduous debate one that has been so stretched out i feel the need to put in my iwo cents.

i go to a private catholic school and it's been around since 1840. but the school isn't situated in the best area and the only good schools in the area are the private ones. there is only one systemic school. that being said down the hill from us is a public school and i am well aware at how disadvataged the place is. the fees my folks pay are fairly moderate for my sister and i compared to other schools but we enjoy two ovals, four pc labs plus computers in all the dt rooms and pcs on both floors of our library and more pcs in the senior study area. what really struck me was a girl had moved to our school from a public school in the area and told me that they were lucky if they had a pc for every seven or so classrooms. it isn't fair.

the "self-help" schemes that independent schools talk about is a result not just of how long their school had been in the area but also the parents' socio-economic background.
some of the more wealthy schools can raise thru fundraising upwards of a million dollars a year while others can only raise as little as five thousand. (triple j. i don't know if anyone caught it that night they were having a debate on it a while back).

i know that parents send their kids to private schools because of the facilities and the edcational benefits but really (i don't want to name schools) there are schools who can offer dead languages like classical greek while some public schools that don't have enough money to run an advanced english class let alone the liberating four unit class.

i'm very aware of how important it is to get funding in to the public sector only because i can compare it. we doin't live in a bubble. i'm not saying to take away the funding from private i'm just saying that while i learn in air-conditioning there are other schools whose fans don't even work.

i'm well aware this hasn't been the most articulate reponse but it's too early and i just got up. hehe...

but essentially what it all comes down to is the kid, and if there's a kid who is gifted and happens to go to a disadvantaged public school it would be a shame if they couldn't cultivate his/her gift because they don't have enough resources.

but remember. we're lucky we've been given the opportunity to have an education unilike other kids who have never even seen a book before.

p.s. "murdoch press" murdoch runs fox huh? because there's a doco on fox news in relation to the war in iraq interesting stuff. forget what it's called tho.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)