Already know their results... (2 Viewers)

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
hek_si_la said:
I believe that is incorrect. Mrs Jullian Skinner, the Shadow Minister for Education and Training is the member for North Shore. I know for a fact that Brett Sham is NOT a constituent of Mrs Skinner, as he does not live in her electorate. He took the matter to Mrs Skinner because he wanted her to expose it and use it to the Liberal Party's advantage.
Thanks for the clarification.

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
Slide Rule said:
They can't prevent it - it's a system DESIGNED to be accessed. They can't upgrade - that would just create new loopholes waiting to be found. So they simply patch the current loophole. Maybe the best idea... but maybe not.
Are you saying you could not design a website that cannot be accessed untill a certain time? If so, you are very mistaken.

------------------------------------------------

Moose said:
There is no way anyone could view anyone elses' marks without their student number and PIN.
drewgcn said:
That meant that people could look at their own marks, but not anyone elses, and still can only look at them, not change them.
Quaint in light of recent events ...

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
From what i remember from ipt if a site is tampered with or altered in any way, shape or form it is considered unauthorised access. In other words if they find the person(s) responsible they are in trouble

Acid

HSC
It wasn't tampered with at all...he just viewed the data on the database...

Ziff

HSC
N/A
The website - the server - was not tampered with at all. A local copy of one page of the site was downloaded to a computer, a few strings altered, and this allowed the results database to be accessed only with the login and password of that one specific student and only that one student's results.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Carlito said:
Anyway, there was somthing wrong with Channel 7's footage of boredofstudies. The logo didnt have its Santa hat on.... hmmmmm

Oh yeah, and they made it look like the link to the forum called "UAI/HSC Marks - Class of 2004" was actually a link to the results

and the clip of someone loging in and getting their results..... if you look carefully at the results that come up, it says "Higher School Certificate 2003"
it did have it's santa hat on in the end, not at the start
lol at the rest

http://www.seven.com.au/news/video
wed dec 15
"students see HSC results early on internet"
that's the story

Korn

King of the Universe
HSC
Ziff said:
The website - the server - was not tampered with at all. A local copy of one page of the site was downloaded to a computer, a few strings altered, and this allowed the results database to be accessed only with the login and password of that one specific student and only that one student's results.
If he altered anything i think thats considered wrongful under some bs law

Ziff

HSC
N/A
Korn said:
If he altered anything i think thats considered wrongful under some bs law
If I downloaded a page from this site - Bored of Studies - and altered it or viewed it to gain a better understanding of it, that's not illegal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)