alright, so if i need 3000 posts for CS... (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

*~Dazed~*

fuck a duck
HSC
ohh for fucks sake you would think that the "custom" thread would be enough to explain everything! man this is just an excuse for people to start a thread in here to increase post count... god damn it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Didn't see the extra "non" (this is why grammar is useful).

And look! Of your (now) 5 extra-NS posts, I have found one of value. As for the languages forum, I don't think starting a thread in German or passing comment on the dead nature of Spanish counts as spam. Being the last post in a redundant thread awaiting deletion doesn't constitute spam either.

As for you, why don't you go out and be useful instead of sitting here making a pain of yourself, we all have more important things to do.

Winston

HSC
Originally posted by spam police
dude get off your high fucking horse, no one spams in jap threads anyway

besides, you and 'da monsta' seem to be doing some of the most spamming in non non-school forums anyway.
This has no relation to the Jap threads, Lexi, is talking about how people just continuously ask the same old questions over and over again when they can just utilise the Search function, and please don't swear, and get all agro about it.

Originally posted by Butterfly_Wings
I'm sick of people bitching about how tough it is to be a mod...it's a voluntaty thing, and reading through threads and deleting redundant stuff is what you are putting your hand up for.

I can understand the frustation of multiple threads popping up about the same thing, but if she didn't already know there was a 10 page thread with the answer there, then it's not exactly unreasonable to ask.
I agree with Generator and Flyin...you should look at recent threads to see if someone has already asked the same question, but why should anyone have to waste their time going through pages of threads to check?

I'd honestly love to see you as a Admin of a site, you don't understand what these guys do right?, i mean sonner or later the servers space is gonna fill up, why? People with numerous posts that are a load of jack!, and of course redundant threads, it may seem a post doesnt take much space, but it all accumulates.

First of all, sorry that's how MANY forums run, they all point you to the Search function, they don't care if a thread has 50 posts, you search through it, and stop creating new threads for minor questions, but in this circumstance you could of PM'ed a mod or a Admin about this minor question as well, but not with all your questions.

Have you ever posted a thread and then after 1 minute see it disappear?, why? well the threads been neglected all the way out of the first page because of users spam-responding to threads, and just asking ONE question per thread, and then your newly posted thread becomes pushed out of the first page, it's absolutely silly...

I'd like to reiterate a point, this site is run totally at free of cost to us students, do we really need to abuse it? Do we need to spam it, continuously make useless threads, spam, and ask the same questions because your just too lazy to search for the answer first? Think about that first, tactic and Laz works hard to get the site up and running, and a few weeks ago when a Spam fest was on, tactic had to waste his time deleting these useless posts, do u fink he volunteers to do that, he does it for all of us, so before you ever insult any mods, admins on this forum, i'd think about what your contributing to the forums before speaking.

SoFTuaRiaL

my humble apologies for starting off the whole thing. i wont post in response to anyone's queries, if that what u ppl want ...

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
Lexi is talking about how people just continuously ask the same old questions over and over again when they can just utilise the Search function, and please don't swear, and get all agro about it.
1) i didnt know the seach feature existed
2) so its alrite for the mods to swear at us then is it?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by Da Monstar
my humble apologies for starting off the whole thing. i wont post in response to anyone's queries, if that what u ppl want ...
It's not your fault. Sometimes noobs misunderstand :p

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Originally posted by hipsta_jess
Fair enough, it's easy to miss. Sorry for not realising that before.
Not as a mod to member thing, everyone speaks as they choose. And I wasn't swearing at you, I was just swearing for emphasis...and because I was annoyed :rolleyes:

Winston: YES. You are obviously much better at explaining things than I am when pissed off. Thank you!

Last edited:

Winston

HSC

I didn't swear at you :S

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Winston
I didn't swear at you :S
believe it or not, but the whole world doesnt revolve around you, if YOU read back through posts in this thread perhaps you will realise i was refering to lexicographer

Winston

HSC
believe it or not, but the whole world doesnt revolve around you, if YOU read back through posts in this thread perhaps you will realise i was refering to lexicographer
Umm... excuse me? You quoted me, so of course i was inclined to think it was directed at me.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
And maybe YOU should be less bitchy when replying to someone who is trying to help you understand how the forum works. Just try to be nice and helpful to everyone around, and we won't have these arguments in here.

Oh yeah, leave Winston alone. He's a much better member than you are, and well respected around here.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
well read a few posts above this and this is what you will see

OK IM SO FREAKING SORRY IF I HAVE INCONVENIENCED ANYONE!!
the reason i didnt read through the 10 pages on the other one is simply because i dont have time. i mean, who does? if they do then they need a life..or study..or something.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Lexicographer
that's our fucking JOB.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

well thats setting a real good example from a mod.

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Quoting yourself won't help anyone, we have ALL seen that.

About ten minutes ago I was feeling bad because I thought I'd caused you to believe we were noob-shredding (which for the most part isn't allowed at BOS :D)

Screw it, this thread is dead in a few hours anyway. Better not to waste the posts on it

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Lexicographer
Quoting yourself won't help anyone, we have ALL seen that.
well quite obviously winston didnt.

oh, and if any of you would kindly remember, my initial question on this thread, i asked people not to have a go at me if it had already been answered elsewhere. obviously noone read that bit either.

SoFTuaRiaL

jess, now dont go off against me again, but pls try understand what i say below:
yesterday, when u started the thread abt custom, laz closed it IMMEDIATELY. infact, i too posted there saying that there already exists a thread on it. but u started ANOTHER thread on custom again. i mean, didnt u realise that the reason laz closed it was cos he doesnt want to see 2 threads on the same topic.
u say u dont have time to read thru 10 pages. well, it is you who wants the question answered. and if u are really keen to know the answer, you prolly should take the effort to find it. its not just u who doesnt have time on hands, its the same for the admins and mods who maintain the forums, and for us other members who answer questions. we too take time to do all this.
but anyways, since i already answered ur query in my first post, let us all stop having a mod vs member fight here and move on
:)

Winston

HSC
well quite obviously winston didnt.

oh, and if any of you would kindly remember, my initial question on this thread, i asked people not to have a go at me if it had already been answered elsewhere. obviously noone read that bit either.

If you would not be so critical on Me and Lexicographer, we didn't flame at you

the thread was running ok, i just backed up Da Monstar, and then Butterfly had a go at me, that was the inception of the flamming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)