Alternative Viva Voce Formats (1 Viewer)

hand_me_my_shovel

HSC
Hello!!
I emailed my teacher recently regarding this since on our notification for the task it says "multimodal" which means there needs to be at least two forms of presentation for the viva. He said that usually there are two ways people do their viva (presentation then speech OR speech and handout) but said that I could email him if I came up with any other ideas. I was wondering if anyone had any idea how to approach the viva differently since I just want to somewhat also enjoy presenting it.

I should also mention that I am awfully bad at presenting and although I doubt there is any way to avoid presenting a speech (as it will seem like a bit of a cop-out) I was wondering if anyone had any bright ideas I hadn't thought of.

Additionally, in year 11 ext eng 1 for our last assignment, we did an essay and a vodcast/multimodal and I animated myself presenting and received 100% -- would this perhaps be feasible???

LMK your thoughts :tongue:
PS -- my major work is (in extremely vague terms) to do with videogames and whether or not they constitute as literature or are comparable to literature in regard to story telling merit and such. I did something quite similar for the assignment I received 100% on and I think my use of the vodcast was a nice way to play into the topic being unconventional ("unconventional"), so maybe the way I present my Viva could be within the same vain -- (my last essay for ext eng 1 was additionally about a literary comparison between Shakespeare's "Tragedy of King Lear" and the Red Dead Redemption series (cowboy video game), and I animated myself as a cowgirl with and pistol ^^))

shixuans

HSC
Lol my adv teacher said that two forms of presentation can include “speech” and “body language” (ofc way below the baseline of what’s required but)

shixuans

HSC
The vodcast sounds like a good idea though, if you don’t like the presentation part of a speech maybe you could ask to do an interview + run thru your logbook instead of making slides which is how the Viva was conducted at my school…

Ksalu

>:))
HSC
The vodcast sounds like a good idea though, if you don’t like the presentation part of a speech maybe you could ask to do an interview + run thru your logbook instead of making slides which is how the Viva was conducted at my school…
That was also how my school conducted the Viva

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)