Am I able to do forensic science? (1 Viewer)

A

aislingvisser

Hi all!
I've been looking through some UAC/Job Guides recently and I stumbled across forensic science which has actually interested me for quite a while. I found a double degree in forensic science/law at University of Canberra, which I think would be really interesting and I would enjoy.
The only problem is that I have done no science in year eleven and twelve, and I dropped mathematics at the end of year eleven (I'm much stronger at English, doing extension 2 at the moment).
I was just wondering if it was a bad idea to want to do this course, and whether or not I will be disadvantaged to a great extent if I do in fact continue through with it?
I'm struggling to try and discover something that I want to do after year twelve, and this at the moment is the only course that has remotely interested me.
I should be fine in terms of the ATAR, I am confident that I can achieve the cut-off, but I'm just unsure of whether or not I am capable of doing this degree..

Thanks for your replies, they're all appreciated :)

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
Do some bridging courses, would be my suggestion.

My other suggestion would be to look carefully at this. Career prospects in Australia for forensic scientists aren't great, because we don't have a burgeoning market for it. They're competitive and limited.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)