Am I being over-assessed?!?! (1 Viewer)

avoda28

HSC
OK so I have an assessment due Wednesday which involves analysing a text and doing a 15 minute "seminar" on it in class. However, we must also hand in a copy of our speech WORD FOR WORD on the day.

This is our 3rd assessment, not including half-yearlies. We also have trials next term PLUS another assessment, whereas the Board of Studies says a 1 unit subject must only be assessed 2-3 times.

It's not the fact that we are getting so many assessments, its the fact that theyre all so fkn HUGE but weighted nothing!!

Our last assessment was a 2500 narrative and a 9 minute speech.

Is anyone else getting this?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Zephyrio

HSC
Well, there's nothing you can do about it.

It benefits you in the end: you get more work and more feedback.

So heads down and work :)

Ivorytw

Middle Management
HSC
N/A
No, we had to do the same.

Harden up.

slowjam10

HSC
yeah..we get a stack of stuff to do

we have had two asssesments and then the half yearlies, then we have the trial and another assessemnt.

plus throughout the year we have a practice question to do like every damn week or so, that's worth nothing. Most of what we do is just so the teacher feels that he has done the job sufficiently.

stillwaters

HSC
this probably sounds infuriating but like most of the ppl above are saying except in more succinct terms- with all the practice and feedback you're getting, you're probably gonna kick ass (esp. mine) in the actual hsc exam.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I don't think you're being over-assessed. You're just going to have to keep your head down and work hard at it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)