am i cursed cus my school uses maths in focus (1 Viewer)

maxxxxx

HSC
i know a lot of selective schools use cambridge and we use fitzpatrick when weve finished topics as revision, but should i just switch to doing cambridge or fitzpatrick? its all the same content with a lot more accurate question hsc-wise and better explanations, but is maths in focus dooming me?

Armon

HSC
Maths in focus is optimal for 3u to just get through the course as quick as possible and start grinding papers. 4u you want a more solid foundation tho so maths In focus is atar suicide. I’d say either do Cambridge/mastering (read the theory&noted from Cambridge but do the mastering excercises instead of cambridge ones) if you’re gunning for like 95+ 4u mark or if you just want a low e4 Fitzpatrick is the way to go. Fitzpatrick is in depth enough to learn without being as exhausting to work through as Cambridge. except the proof excercises; fitzpatrick got the goofiest proof qs, induction excercise pissed me off so bad.

Drongoski

HSC
N/A
i know a lot of selective schools use cambridge and we use fitzpatrick when weve finished topics as revision, but should i just switch to doing cambridge or fitzpatrick? its all the same content with a lot more accurate question hsc-wise and better explanations, but is maths in focus dooming me?
Nothing to stop you from getting your own copies of the Cambridge of Fitzpatrick textbooks; and go thru them yourself.

maxxxxx

HSC
Maths in focus is optimal for 3u to just get through the course as quick as possible and start grinding papers. 4u you want a more solid foundation tho so maths In focus is atar suicide. I’d say either do Cambridge/mastering (read the theory&noted from Cambridge but do the mastering excercises instead of cambridge ones) if you’re gunning for like 95+ 4u mark or if you just want a low e4 Fitzpatrick is the way to go. Fitzpatrick is in depth enough to learn without being as exhausting to work through as Cambridge. except the proof excercises; fitzpatrick got the goofiest proof qs, induction excercise pissed me off so bad.
u are a lifesaver

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)