Am I made up for Actuarial Studies? (1 Viewer)

alexvincent

HSC
I am in the class of 06. Up until this year I was convinced that i had wanted to become a physio. but now, it doesnt seem so attractive. actuarial studies seems interesting and i think i can do it. my question for anybody who can help me is, do YOU think i can do it?

Prelim Subs
adv eng - 2u
maths - 2u
ext 1 maths - 1u
phys - 2u
chem - 2u
bst - 2u
sor - 1u

I chose these subjects with the intention of doing physio in uni. but now i am looking at actuarial studies.

HSC Subs
adv eng - 2u
ext 2 maths - 1u
phys - 2u
bst - 2u
sor - 1u
distinction philosphy - 2u

I am dropping ext1 maths since i was accelerated in it and received 46/50 (which i am happy to keep). i was also offered a place in the distinction course of philosophy. SO, am i made up for it???

alexvincent

HSC
Sorry, me again :) .
I just wanted to add that i am confident of achieving a uai of over 95.
i also wanted to ask of any other uni courses or career options that would suit me. Thanks.

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
alexvincent said:
Sorry, me again :) .
I just wanted to add that i am confident of achieving a uai of over 95.
i also wanted to ask of any other uni courses or career options that would suit me. Thanks.
ext 2 maths will be worth 2 units btw...and ur ext 1 maths will be worth 2 units as well...

sor is a good subject dont neglect it...can be handy just in case u stuff something up...

basically its a little early to tell...it really depends on how you go, what your interests are (genuinely), what kind of job do you want in the future...

Just do your best, and you'll see in one year's time

Mini

relax
HSC
u never know if u are or aren't "made up" for actuarial till u get there. maths isn't an indicator (although u do need to like it) - i only did 3 unit and am now officially a proper 3rd year with a decent GPA.

u'll go well in actuarial if u'r a good problem solver, if u interpret things well and can express urself well. in that sense, i think 4u english helped me and i reckon u'r philosophy course will really help you.

hope this helps!

JOhnNiLiCiouS

HSC
Mini said:
u never know if u are or aren't "made up" for actuarial till u get there. maths isn't an indicator (although u do need to like it) - i only did 3 unit and am now officially a proper 3rd year with a decent GPA.

u'll go well in actuarial if u'r a good problem solver, if u interpret things well and can express urself well. in that sense, i think 4u english helped me and i reckon u'r philosophy course will really help you.

hope this helps!
wow... you only did 3U maths??...

i have to agree too... as long as u worked at it... doesn't matter what u did in high school...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)