Am i one of the last to be marked? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey guys!

I was just wondering if i'm one of the last few groups of people to get marked for group and IP? I'm not nervous yet (I will be in the next 2 days) but the examiners are coming to our school this friday. My piece is still over 8 minutes...i really need to cut it....i'm soooo screwed.

Do you guys know whether they'll ACTUALLY stop you and just say "sorry, but thanks"?? Have any of you guys gone over time?

I'm so proud and happy for everyone who's submitted their IP and done their GPs! Well done guys! (all that hard work...)

Any advice would be great for friday. Are the examiners generally nice??:)

-marilia- xoxo

HSC
i'm from sydney, u? (near the city area)

yeh, i heard that u usually get around 30seconds (but they still have to take off marks)...but the syllabus/marking guidelines could have changed:(

good luck to ppl who still have to do their exams! ;)

Skillo

is in a theatre near you
In my blue-light backstage hovel, the theatre.
HSC
DID MY EXAM TODAY!!! HOORAY!
It went well. Examiners nice. I'm drained. I'm tired...want to sleep for years!
I'm from Riverina NSW (Albury...)
I was just wondering cause all schools down here are around this week.

MissMacbeth

Mrs. Brandon Bruce Lee
HSC
oath to that! I went overtime!! LOL they stopped me in a really polite way and b/c I was so into the character I snapped at them! LOL It was funny. Everyone laughed.

According to my teacher, you don't get marked down for going over - you just miss out on if you have something spectacular at the end. They will probably ask you what happens in the end and you explain. for eg. I had a box that didn't make a cameo till the end, so I had to explain that especially - otherwise marks would have been lost b/c of waste of props!!

Make sure you explain all unused props if you go over!!!!

HSC
hi!

Now i'm really freaking out...:(! Cos the end is REALLY important for my piece, omg GREAT>___<! But it's good that they stopped you politely and wasn't rude!I freak out when ppl are rude. So were they nice about it when u explained the end to them during the interview?

And guys, i'm really confused so it'd be great if u can help. On monday, timed my performance twice. The first time was REALLY RUSHED, and i got 7min 24sec. 2nd time i did it, i did it perfectly (not rushed, at my own pace) and i got 7min 30sec. So i was really happy..wow, it's not gonna be over time etc etc. Then i timed it twice last night at home, and got 8min 30 and 9min 36. I'M REALLY REALLY STRESSED. What do u guys think i should do?

My teacher said that it's ridiculous and that i must've timed it wrong, but i seriously didn't! But i was sick last night (i still am!! blocked nose..) and didn't speak my lines as charismatically as i could (is that even a word?haha).

Anyway, thanks guys! It's our last tech rehearsal 2morrow arvo, wish me luck!
-marilia- xoxo

Trigger189

XYLENE-FREE ZONE
HSC
i kept getting different times for my peformance too. was constantly cutting cutting. Before then it ranged from 9 mins to 10.50 to 8... very strange. but i fixed up my pacing etc. all good. It was really frustrating tho, depended on how long i took with the actions, etc.

Chelly_bee

HSC
Yeh they say 'stop' or something along those lines. my friend from my school got stopped but she still got nominated for onstage! so dont stress too much!

V

val_dramaqueen

well... the markers stopped me at 8 mins 50... so anything is possible!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)