Am I screwed? (1 Viewer)

anoox

HSC
Will I get marked down for playing a relatively simple song? See, I thought my class was doing all right up until last night when I went to see another school's music class performing. I play guitar and all of their guitarists were soooooo beyond what I could ever do. So yes, am I utterly screwed?? What do markers look for in a guitarist?

AmenoKitarou

HSC
Depends on what Music course ur doing I guess...
But it should be noted that although markers aren't supposed to take the difficulty of the piece into much acount, the overall impression that the piece gives through difficulty will subconsciously influence the marker. So theoretically YES, you MIGHT get marked down.

BUT, if you go learn a piece that's obviouslt too difficult for you and u dont understand the MEANING of the piece, you'll get marked down even worse.

What they look for is FEELING, and UNDERSTANDING of the style of the piece that you are playing. They also like interaction, or connection with the audience. If ur a guitarist, maybe try looking at the examiners a bit, and not sit very far from them.

Emma-Jayde

Muahahahaha
HSC
You should be getting marked on your performance, not to the difficulty standard of other performances.
Everyone is at a difficult technical level, and while it would be fair to assume that there is a minimum standard, the difficulty shouldn't come into play.
You're much better off performing a simpler piece very well than a more difficult piece that is just ok.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)