American Dad (1 Viewer)

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
Premiering tonight on Channel 7 right after Family Guy. It's made by Seth Macfarlene, the creator of Family Guy, and I can tell you from what I've seen it is very funny. Make sure to tune in

iwannarock

HSC
while created by him he doesn't write as much for the show.

i think thats done so it doesnt end up the exact same show.

you'll notice in american dad there's hardly any "like the time i tried to..." etc flashbacks that make family guy so funny.

its still a good show but.

fashionista

Tastes like chicken
HSC
N/A
so true, family guy wins.
seth macfarlane uses the same template for american dad though :S

Reshie

LilRed Spikey Haired Man
HSC
bazookajoe said:
Premiering tonight on Channel 7 right after Family Guy. It's made by Seth Macfarlene, the creator of Family Guy, and I can tell you from what I've seen it is very funny. Make sure to tune in
watched it but wasnt as outrageous as Family Guy

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
I thought it was much better than Family guy. The difference is that family guy relies on flashbacks for laughs. Whereas American Dad is relies more on the punch line rather than using a flashback to deliver the punchline.

American dad also seems aimed at people slightly older. Much more political than Family guy and sometimes the flashbacks in Family guy can get to common.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
erawamai said:
I thought it was much better than Family guy. The difference is that family guy relies on flashbacks for laughs. Whereas American Dad is relies more on the punch line rather than using a flashback to deliver the punchline.

American dad also seems aimed at people slightly older. Much more political than Family guy and sometimes the flashbacks in Family guy can get to common.
but the punchlines are not that good, i dont see how they differ in demographic realy at all.

the whole point is that the family guy flashbacks are anything but common- what an odd thing for you to say

SharkBait

HSC
american dad was betta.....imo. proly coz im obsessed with intelligence...as in conspiracy wit american govt and stuff.....the show is fully of political satire, which i just lurve. family guy is funny but sometimes....meh, not witty funny...i guess. and sometimes the dialogue in american dad are really unexpected...which is excellent and y its soo funny.

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
SharkBait said:
american dad was betta.....imo. proly coz im obsessed with intelligence...as in conspiracy wit american govt and stuff.....the show is fully of political satire, which i just lurve. family guy is funny but sometimes....meh, not witty funny...i guess. and sometimes the dialogue in american dad are really unexpected...which is excellent and y its soo funny.

lmao- great post there :p

SharkBait

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
lmao- great post there :p
why lmao?? im being perfectly serious!!! altho not too coherent wit the way i expressed my opinion. *sigh*
bottom line is - american dad is betta.

there.

Enoch

ur a closet enoch-sexual!
HSC
hahah the god/george bush bit was hilarious

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
I love all the Fox News/Republican/right wing references. But I like Family Guy better. The characters are more endearing.

I_F

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)