Americanised Kath and Kim (1 Viewer)

5233andy

HSC
I've had a look at the promotional videos on YouTube. Personally, I think it's a failure.

Does anyone even watch Kath and Kim? I watched bit and pieces of the Australian version on a Qantas flight a couple of months ago. I guess it's okay...

Zingy

HSC
It won't work. Australian humor sucks, no other country would get it.

Last edited:

sam jay

HSC
epic fail.
i watched it for 15 minutes.
kath and kim are way too good looking and tastefully dressed to do our version any justice and they can barely pull off the characteristics and voices.
i wonder what the americans think.
if they like it as much as we like the original.

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Omg fucking horrible, maybe it's funny for the audience with America's sense of humour, but when i compare the two, our version owns it.
lol. they actually hated it, i think it got axed after the first episode too.
haha

MissGiggles

HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
lol. they actually hated it, i think it got axed after the first episode too.
haha
my mum listens to david and tanya on KOFM and they said the americans are loving it. WE've already axed it. kath's not enough of an old fart and kim's not fat which is a big part of both characters and their interactions.

'phil'? wtf kell's not a big name here either...Jane Turner and Gina Riley (big appologies if not right) were obviously going for something different...nice..unusual. they killed it by trying to make them like normal people. epic fail is an understatement

Debaser33

HSC
I think perhaps they were just as disgusted by the whole idea, but had signed a contract in a drunken haze, and made an effort to make it as stupidly different from the original show as possible. Luckily, Prime (or Seven, depending on where you live), has had the good sense to axe it in favour of the Australian version.

Will Shakespear

mumbo magic
HSC
if it were an accurate adaption they'd be southern trailer trash, the american equivalent to our bogans :D

jackie07

HSC
aus kath and kim is amazing. it captured the raw comedy of australians sence of humour. we have a strong ability to take the piss, out of everything even ourselves..
you cant turn australian humour into american rip off of a rip off..
the american was a disaster, its a shame the gina riley and jane turner sold out..
its funny how the americans like to say how much their better then us yet they seen to want to buy everything off us.. shows, food, companys..

moleskine

HSC
there has to be about a million more redneck inbreds in america that are worse than kath and kim. could be good.

1harkina

HSC
MissGiggles said:
my mum listens to david and tanya on KOFM and they said the americans are loving it. WE've already axed it. kath's not enough of an old fart and kim's not fat which is a big part of both characters and their interactions.

'phil'? wtf kell's not a big name here either...Jane Turner and Gina Riley (big appologies if not right) were obviously going for something different...nice..unusual. they killed it by trying to make them like normal people. epic fail is an understatement
It wasnt axed its resuming this week
has anyone actually watched it enought to critisize
I have only watched a couple of eps. I love our kath and kim and I agree that they have poorly copied it but its an Ok-ish show

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)