Ancient History 2000 (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hey, do any of you have the answers to the ancient history 2000 paper, im looking for one particular question. Or can neone direct me to some sources where i can find solutions (good ones preferably) of ne sort?!

Peace up A Town!

Arnor

HSC
N/A
check BOS site (the actual 1) and d\l the marking critea for the 2000 paper, sometimes they'll say wat u need 2 write 2 get full marks but usually just says how much e.g. 5 primary, 4 secondary, five areas etc

not much but its a start

wat is the question btw, as u know there is alot of options for ancient...

HSC
QUESTION 9 Spartan Society
(a) Use Source I and your own knowledge to answer the following.
What opportunities did Spartan citizens have to participate in the political life of Sparta?

SOURCE I
After this speech he himself, in his capacity of ephor, put the question
to the Spartan assembly. They make their decisions by acclamation, not
by voting, and Sthenelaidas said at first that he could not decide on
which side the acclamations were louder.
THUCYDIDES I.87

yeh, i checked the BOS criteria out, and it was pretty shallow, so if any of you guys have any good answers to a question like this, please reply!

Greatly appreciated!

classics_chic

HSC
don't look at the papers before 2001... they were in the old syllabus and they're not only harder but they're also very different from the way it's done now. Get questions from other places if you've done 2001-3...

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Classics Chic, im sorry to inform you, but even though they were part of the old syllabus, the questions aren't that much harder, nor are they that much dofferent to the ones we will have to do. Dont disregard them just because they are "old syllabus". If you view the old syllabus, its not that different to the recenmt one.

That said, read as many past questions as possible, even if you donnt answer them, so you get a feel for how they word them, what they want, and how they want it. So its also best to look at answers, even if they are not exemplar.

in a drag club full of glitter...no, seriously!
well, thankyou angelduck for that enlightened view of the syllabus. in actual fact, you will find that classics_chic is correct, there is not a great deal of point in looking at the marker's comments (far more important than the questions duck) of the old syllabus as they were testing students on a course with a distinctly different focus.
personally, i feel that if you do feel the need to look at answers, there is not much point at looking at anything but exemplar answers - what is the point of looking at a sub-standard answer after all? no benefit will come of it.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
its really important to know the directives (ie. the assess, describe etc.) and exactly what they mean. sometimes there are slight differences between words, but they'll make a difference to what the marker wants u 2 do.

angelduck

Behind a rock with a glitter gun poised and ready
HSC
Actually alfalfa, i said nothing about looking at markers comments.

Rhia (silvermoon) is right, the directives are important

And alfalfa, by looiking at "sub-standard" answers - i meant bands 4+ which are average - you can see where your answers are in relation to the bands. And that is important

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
just my impression duck, but i dont think alfalfa actually said that u said nething bout the marker's comments...dont be so uptight!
oh, and another thing - i can c what u mean bout placing ur answers in context with the bands duck, but alfalfa's right i think - im assumin we're all aimn 2 get as high as possible (dreams of band 6...pity is only a dream!), so u might as well compare urs 2 the exemplar band 6 answers: if ur aimn 4 that, then u need 2 c whether urs is as good as them - if they're not, and thats what ur aimn 4, then thats all u need 2 know really.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
HSC
yep, have reasd properly now - is no point in arguing duck - alfalfa said nothin about u sayin something bout markers comments (god, did that sentence even make sense?) - he said he thought u placed 2 much emphasis on the questions, as opposed 2 the comments on how the questions were addressed. must agree, the latter IS far more important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)