Annual Exams HELP (1 Viewer)

iStudent

HSC
Don't feel so bad.
At least the subjects you did bad in were essay writing subjects (and you're going to be doing mostly math and science i.e. asian combo lol). Keep your chin up your result might be better than what you think it's worth. :)
This reminds me of my dreaded 60% in my IST half yearly exam back in the days.. :(

v1

HSC
Hi,

I entered a new school this year, top 10 in the state. I took an entrance exam in 2013 and this year, I started year 10

Work was going well, constant, solid and what I expected, but after the first set of exams I did, the Half-Yearlies, I got a huge shock.

I was ranked in the bottom 1/8th out of a 180 kid cohort and I was in disbelief. I tried so hard for those exams, more effort was spent in the few weeks leading up to the exams than probably the rest of high school combined.

After I walked out of every exam room, I was pleased with all the work I had done. There were no disasters and after some exams, I left feeling quietly confident that I had done nicely. Obviously, once all the exams were given back I realized there was areas in which I could've done better and I'm sure that given they were the first set of exams I did in my life, I didn't do horribly. It was just so weird going from a top 50 school in the state, being in the top 3 students there and suddenly I'm considered "a retard" at my new school

So, is there anyone out there that can offer advice for the yearly exams in 70 days? Anything at all that helps you get the marks you deserve? Anything that can help me improve my rank so I'm near the top 50 at least??? I'm not a lazy student, I'm motivated to be around the top 50 and preferably better. HELP PLEASE
study smarter. Everyone is different, use this time to experiment study methods/habits and find out what is the most efficient for you. Obviously just "trying hard" didn't work, you need to try harder in more efficient ways.
E.g spend 3 hours on 1 very hard math question that isn't likely to be tested
vs.
doing exercise questions for 3 hours (with breaks) slowly improving accuracy and speed u can do questions - noting mistakes etc.
I'm in uni atm and still see this... some people study insanely hard yet their exam marks are low

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)