Another 99.95 thread... (1 Viewer)

Mrmellow

HSC
Okay, a short question :wink:. If a person achieves in the distinction- high distinction range (94-99 percentiles) in his or her high school years in competitions like the AMC, ICAS, Economics comp etc. If that person applies the same effort (or slightly more, in accordance to the cohort) over the HSC, will he or she be able to get an atar of 99.95? I was just wondering over the plausibility of such an occurrence. That is, a situation that discounts superman efforts and the like.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Depends on how much effort you are willing to put in the HSC.

The hsc isn't how smart you are, it's about how organized you are (prepared, committed)- astroman

ishfish

Lord of the Fries
HSC
not sure probably, but most of these tests rely on 'on the spot thinking' so take it as a good thing, if you are doing well! however, either way, even if you slacked off a little bit in like yr 10, but seriously pick up your game in year 11 and 12, with a can do attitude nothing is impossible!
the best way to succeed is to prevent the previous failures, ie evaluating how you studied for this exam and whether or not it worked very well, eg memory recall, time management, preparation and understanding etc. either way, i always like to think that i might fail at the start, but i know that i will be able to get over it and become better than most people (friendly competition obvsiouly!) :) GOOD LUCK!

zhertec

HSC
The hsc isn't how smart you are, it's about how organized you are (prepared, committed)- astroman
Psshh Astroman stole that quote off me :3

But to OP, 99.95 is not solely dependent on intelligence, it's the ability to maintain consistent studying throughout the year and a bit of luck during your exam periods :3

Last edited:

vapourwater1

HSC
Hi i want to know whether i still have a chance of recieving 99.95 atar if i study hard for the hsc. My internal marks are as follows:
Note: my ranks are in brackets next to the subject.
ESL- 87 (5th)
Maths- 94(1st)
Biology-87(2nd)
Chemistry- 73(1st)
Physics- 74(1st)

HSC
Hi i want to know whether i still have a chance of recieving 99.95 atar if i study hard for the hsc. My internal marks are as follows:
Note: my ranks are in brackets next to the subject.
ESL- 87 (5th)
Maths- 94(1st)
Biology-87(2nd)
Chemistry- 73(1st)
Physics- 74(1st)
School rank? Cohort sizes? And most likely not.

vapourwater1

HSC
Why cant i achieve it?
Is it possible by any chance if i get 100% in my exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)