Answer this question and you will win! Free entry! (1 Viewer)

Nyx

HSC
In Vegas, cars are manufactured to run on pure ethanol and this may soon become a reality in California. Assess the advantages and disadvantages of producing and using pure ethanol as a car fuel.

Okay, so the best answer will win it. Prize will be mentioned after numerous posts.

:guitar::guitar:
Guide:
p.s - no shitty shit cunt answers i.e: < 6 lines.
Try make your answers detailed and logical.
Mark worth = /6

Good Luck!

Streetboy

HSC
N/A
In Vegas, cars are manufactured to run on pure ethanol and this may soon become a reality in California. Assess the advantages and disadvantages of producing and using pure ethanol as a car fuel.

Here is how I structured my response in Half yearly for all the questions and scored 100%.

Ethanol is an extremely significant to be used in petrol, in order to prevent Air pollution. Using Ethanol has several advantages than petrol. Ethanol, being an alcohol, burns readily in air and thus exothermic. It burns more completely in air than petrol allows it to be used as a fuel. Petrol containing 10 to 20 % ethanol can be used in ordinary petrol engines without any modifications. Use of ethanol as a fuel would reduce consumption of non-renewable crude oil.\

Ethanol is considered a renewable resource because ethanol is a biomass fuel. Ethanol is fermented from plants such as sugar cane, wheat and corn; when the ethanol is combusted, the carbon dioxide produced returns to the photosynthesis cycle; therefore it is regarded as a renewable resource. The following reactions show the production of ethanol and it undergoing combustion.

The Advantages outwits the disadvantages.
1. Ethanol is a renewable resource- will reduce use of non renewable oil
2. Could reduce greenhouse gas emissions (if solar energy used to produce it)
Disadvantages:
1. Large areas of agricultural land would be needed to cultivate
2. Disposal of the large amounts of waste fermentation liquors would be a problem.
3. Cost

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)