Answering 10 Mark History Questions (1 Viewer)

savinggrace17

HSC
Hey guys , I'm in Year 11 currently doing both histories and we have yearly exams coming up in week.
For our Modern History Exam we're expected to do two 10 mark questions and two 15 mark questions for our case studies as well as a 10 mark question on the core.
Usually I would treat these 10 mark questions as extended responses and structure them in an essay format, but I'm not sure if that's what you're meant to do? Is there a specific structure that differs from how you're meant to respond to a 15 marks?
Both 10 mark questions are lower order verbs and we're essentially expected to regurgitate information so I'm a little bit unsure.
Thank you. :)

AztecWarrior

HSC
Uhhh......
Basically for the 10 markers, my history teacher said not to do a formal intro and conclusion, but make sure you draw conclusions from your writing.
So with the 15 markers you should aim to do an essay.
If you have any trouble, try practice papers and see how much you can write.

savinggrace17

HSC
Yeah, that sounds much better and way more achievable than trying to write four essays.
Hopefully that'll improve my marks a little more as well as I spent way too much time trying to write a conclusion and intro which detracts from my information/points/arguement.
Thanks for your advice and help though, I really appreciate it. :)

xx_mandie_xx

HSC
usually the test paper would specify if its an extended response, so for ancient, if its short answer but still 10 marks they give us a whole page to answer it, but it does not need to be as structured as an extended response, and they would usually give us 3 pages to write on.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)