ANU@Citigate.......wooo!(sarcastic) (1 Viewer)

vikraman

HSC
And if we all make it through, we'll create a facebook group titled "We were buttsexed by ANU and survived"

bobohappy

HSC
hey guys,

i got a friend who wants to switch places with one of you staying at citigate for unigardens, anyone game???

please reply this post if interested

Deornoth

HSC
If there's anyone who is seriously hating the fact that they're stuck in ANU@Citigate I'm quite happy to make a deal. I'm willing to trade my place at Unigardens for a place at ANU@Citigate. I'm quite happy to have a motel style, slightly smaller for half catering. The only potential obstacle to this potential deal (if someone is willing to make the trade) is the inflexibility of the UAS, though I think that this can be overcome. The first person to express their interest in this deal as a visitor post on my profile I will get in contact with, to exchange some basic contact information and then I will contact UAS to let them know about the proposed modification.

For comparing and contrasting purposes, I have also included the Unigardens info below so people can make an informed decision:

Students residing at University Gardens will be supported by two Residential Advisers and affiliated with Unilodge. The Residential Advisers will provide pastoral support and the University will deliver a campus program to ensure that residents are welcomed and supported. We assure you that students residing at University Gardens will have the same pastoral structure and access to residential life experiences as is available in all of our student residences. The cost will be no more than the tariffs for a standard room in our Halls of Residence.

Your accommodation offer is now detailed below:

University Gardens, located at 19 Hennessy St, Belconnen, is approximately five kms from the ANU campus, and is a single bus ride or a half hour cycle on a path way. The ANU community on this site will number 108.

Facility
These new 33 sqm studios are offered on a twin share basis, each having their own ensuite bathroom and kitchen. The kitchen contains a small fridge, a cooktop and microwave. The furniture provided comprises two twin beds, two lounge chairs, 2 study desks with data access, and a flat screen TV with Foxtel access. These units are in a secure building – all residents are students. Photos of the facility can be found at UniGardens.

What to Bring
You will need to bring your own linen (mattress protector, sheets, doona, pillows, towels and tea towels) or these can be purchased on site as a pack, priced at $160. A kitchen utensils pack is available, at a cost of $125, or you may prefer to visit Belconnen Mall, which is within walking distance, to make the necessary purchases.

Parking /Transport
There is limited dedicated parking available at $50 per week. Adjacent street parking is regulated but generally available. Caged bicycle storage is available free of charge, but you are advised to bring your own bike lock. Students will be provided with monthly bus passes.

What Does it Cost?
Weekly charges:

Rent- $163 (includes utilities, IP data connection and Foxtel/TV access.
Data Usage – Plans are available starting at $1 per GB per month ie $10 for 10 GB per month. There is no wireless access in these buildings.
Laundry – a coin-op laundry is situated on site.

Acceptance Fees:
On the formal acceptance of your offer, you will be required to pay an acceptance fee of $1,166. This fee consists of:

Registration Fee - $230
Residents’ Committee Fee - $50
Cleaning fee - $60 (this covers a professional clean when the unit is vacated). All financial transactions, with the exception of personal fees 9 data usage, laundry and parking) are payable to ANU. Personal fees are paid on site.
Refundable deposit - $500
2 weeks rent in advance - $326
Contract Period
The commencement date for the contracts will be 13th February 2010 and the unit must be vacated on or before Sunday 28th November 2010. As vacancies become available students in our off-campus accommodation will be transferred to on-campus accommodation. Whilst this may not occur until Semester 2, certainly all will be allocated places in 2011.

LobbSACS

HSC
im tempted if you can get UAS to agree, let me know via pm if we can sort something out

Deornoth

HSC
sure LobbSACS.... I've sent you a message on both my and your visitor profile suggesting what sort of information I think I need before I make the call to UAS.

anardi

HSC
im tempted if you can get UAS to agree, let me know via pm if we can sort something out
I'll take it if this guy doesn't.

Otherwise, we'll all just have to look forward to living together in the shitter :p Could be fun, you know. See you guys there haha.

TwT

HSC
N/A
vikraman : are u staying at the motel from today evening? but they told me it wont be available until 13th and i ll need to find accommodation myself before that. i m arriving on 10th but i dont have any place to stay and dont know what to do...

vikraman

HSC
I've actually checked in Canberra YHA (35$ a night) because the shit motel is far more expensive and is still shit. Haven't had the opportunity to visit City Gateway yet, was just getting used to Canberra yesterday after my 8000km journey. I like Canberra, kinda quaint and quiet, very different from my hometown (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia which has traffic jams at 1am and city quite literally never sleeps.)

Weather over the last two days has been pretty nice as well, never got past 30 and at night dropped to a cool 25C. I'm going for the international orientation now, if I get an opportunity to visit the motel I'll take some photos and put some pictures up.

vikraman

HSC
I'm in! It's not bad really. It's been cleaned and ANU has done a good job of upkeep. If you get a single room, it's pretty big and they give you a sofa. Everybody gets a queen sized bed. The deal ANU throws in (food, monthly bus pass etc.) is pretty good as well. NO internet is a pain, (in fact i'm in maccas now). It's pretty close to the shops in Dickson so it's convenient. They are working on the internet and they will eventually get it but until then maccas it is. When you guys get here, look me up. Room 313. See ya

Edit: As promised.. photos, but i only got photos of the double bedded rooms. The single bedrooms are the exact same size but you're given a sofa instead of another bed

Vikraman Selvaraja's Photos - ANU@Citigate | Facebook

Last edited:

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
I'm in! It's not bad really. It's been cleaned and ANU has done a good job of upkeep. If you get a single room, it's pretty big and they give you a sofa. Everybody gets a queen sized bed
thsnkd for the info dude,
btw, if you get a double room, does that mean you need to share with someone else?

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
living there atm, tis ok. but id be pissed if i was sharing

pookie10

HSC
Hey guys! As far as I know, there is a place available at Ursula Hall. If you want to move in, please call them 02 6125 6200.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)