ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Even though we haven’t received an accommodation offer yet, the portal should still change status.

At the moment it says this:[FONT=&quot]

Application Received:
[FONT=&quot]UA has received your application and is currently checking your academic details.” [/FONT][FONT=&quot]

It should of changed to at least one of these 2 days ago:[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Academic Offer Made:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Domestic Students only. UA acknowledge that you have received an academic offer for ANU and will make you an offer of accommodation when a room becomes available.”[/FONT][FONT=&quot]

or[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

Academic Offer Accepted:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] UA acknowledge that you have accepted your academic offer for ANU and will make you an offer of accommodation when a room becomes available.”[/FONT]
[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

moc2009

HSC
N/A
In the first semester of 2008 the ANU had to rent out an entire floor of a hotel because they had such an overflow. Those kids got nice rooms, a turn down service and then got to choose the college they wanted to go to afterwards :L)
Can’t complain with that!

bluemonday

HSC
I know we're guaranteed accommodation somewhere, but the quality of the accommodation will have a big effect on my willingness to go to ANU or not. I don't want to go to ANU if I'm in a UniLodge apartment, because I just don't think I'd be happy. It's tempting just to take an inferior offer so I don't have to go through all the accommodation stress.

I'm going to call again around 3-4pm if I haven't received anything...the lady I spoke to said something may have gone wrong if there's nothing by then.

emiline

HSC
The lady I just rang said it might take until Wednesday...

But I would remain very uneasy if nothing by this afternoon.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
The lady I just rang said it might take until Wednesday...

But I would remain very uneasy if nothing by this afternoon.
lol.

That poor lady, I just rang too. She must be getting heaps of calls. She said to just keep checking the email. She said it’s a lot of offers going out and the bulk will be today.

She also said if you don’t get your preference thing very very carefully before rejecting what you get because once you reject that’s it.

I'm off out, hope there will be an email when I get back.

Good luck.

bluemonday

HSC
Well, I guess I'm just going to decline the accommodation offer I've got in Melbourne and hope I can get something on short notice if ANU doesn't come through...

This isn't a real great situation:mad1:

emiline

HSC
Haha exactly the same lady! Poor thing...

Yeah Good luck to everyone...post when you know!

Lewie J-Ho

HSC
Hello fellow prospective ANUers.
I got an accom offer about 10 minutes ago.
I hope all you also get one.
Just thought you folks would want to know.

bluemonday

HSC
Just got my offer! #1- Ursies!

I think they all must be coming through now- good luck to all!

Ero

HSC
Congrats to those who have received offers. I'm still waiting for one however :mad1:

Lewie J-Ho

HSC
Hey, bluemonday, I got into Ursies as well.
God have mercy on our souls..

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I’m going to go mad.

I just logged into my outlook and a message said “junk email has been blocked from your inbox” do you want to allow mail (so I ticked yes, thinking it might be ANU) then my computer froze and shut down and now there is no “junk mail” or anything in my inbox, lol.... I hope that wasn’t it!

My status hasn’t changed on the portal, has it changed for you guys?

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Question- do you have to do anything other than filling out the form here:

ANU - Accepting Your Offer - SAS

between now and turning up on the 14th to secure your place at ANU?

Cheers
Nah, we just wait for our pack now (should come out next week) which has all our forms and stuff, then we turn up on our enrolment date with all the required stuff.

Download this booklet if you havent already (it's coming in your pack)

http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/enrolments/instructions/2009Accept.pdf

Oh, congrats on the accom offer.

Ero

HSC
Mines still on "Academic Offer Made" even though the offer has been accepted, and another friend is in the same boat as well though his still says "application received". I wouldn't read too much into it, it just seems to be a feature they do not update all that often.

Ero

HSC
Also does anyone know which college has sent out offers and which ones haven't?

bluemonday

HSC
Nah, we just wait for our pack now (should come out next week) which has all our forms and stuff, then we turn up on our enrolment date with all the required stuff.

Download this booklet if you havent already (it's coming in your pack)

http://www.anu.edu.au/sas/enrolments/instructions/2009Accept.pdf

Oh, congrats on the accom offer.
Thanks mate.

My Accommodation Portal thing changed to a form which you fill out to accept the offer, so I think you haven't received it yet.

melanie.dee

HSC
Johns has sent out offers, and Ursula according to the people above that got offers.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
My portal has updated,

They are doing something with mine – It did have being considered by “Bruce” and that’s now changed to "Fenner Hall” being considered, which I had as a 2nd preference by mistake, lol... that one isn’t even on campus!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)