ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

ephorex

HSC
Nope...and my application was really good. I participated in a bunch of stuffz in Year 12 and got awards and whatnot
Haha, same here. I went over the word limit, and even then, I was trying to use as many abbreviations as possible. My ENTER (UAI) was also in the mid 99's, so I guess it wasn't my UAI that killed my application.

Kinda depresses me, really. I wonder what kind of over-achiever it takes to get into Bruce.

Yeah, I'm definitely interested in a share-house if it works out to be cheaper. PM me if you get serious about it.
Sorry, I probs won't be looking for a shared house. I reckon it's gonna be too much trouble (and I enjoy being lazy =P).

Nah, I don't have a job secured yet - I'm kinda screwed. But I'm going up there this weekend to see if I can find one before any of the other newbies come.
Ahh...yeh, that's a bit of a tricky situation there. But I'm sure there'll be plenty of jobs around. I applied for a transfer from my Big W job to Canberra and I managed to get a call from a store manager in Woden who told me that they have spots for me.

I suppose that with most of the uni student-type jobs being filled by ANU people, heaps of jobs become available every year after graduation.

imallergic

HSC
Sorry, I probs won't be looking for a shared house. I reckon it's gonna be too much trouble (and I enjoy being lazy =P).
Lol, I was actually talking to Dreamee about that one. Yeah, I thouroughly enjoy being lazy too :p

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
atleast one person will be receiving a late offer from johns due to me having to decline.

imallergic

HSC
Whoo, yeah, that's good.

It wouldn't be me though, since it wasn't even on my list. I was too lazy to fill in the extra stuff.

imallergic

HSC
Dude, sorry, I didn't mean to be insensitive - I wasn't thinking.

I just meant that at least someone without an offer right now would get one - not to offend you in any way.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
DW man i know.

i am just royally pissed at not getting an offer for Newcastle (I changed it to my first preference anyway).

imallergic

HSC
Damn, man, that sucks. ><

I'm sorta pissed for not putting USYD or UNSW on my preferences.

cricketfan10

HSC
got an email back from ursula saying that they had so many applications they were only able to pick the ones who had them as their 1st preference. dammnnn.

garrybarry

HSC
So I got a call today from Bruce explaining to me that they had over enrolled and that they wouldn't be able to come through with their offer. They told me, not surprisingly, that I would receive an offer from UniLodge (they guaranteed me that much). I'm not really fussed... price isn't really an issue to me, there are some cheap options at UL so hopefully I get one of those (6 share and so on). I guess they're rally struggling this year with accommodation :(

breezy221090

HSC
I had Unilodge as my first preference and got it. The 48 week contract costs as much as the 52 week. Because if you have a 48 week contract you pay more weekly than with the 52 week one. Also, I'm staying in Davey Lodge and the contract starts this Sunday the 1st/2nd. I called UniLodge up and they said the majority of the students move in on the first available day.

andybernard101

HSC
I had Unilodge as my first preference and got it. The 48 week contract costs as much as the 52 week. Because if you have a 48 week contract you pay more weekly than with the 52 week one. Also, I'm staying in Davey Lodge and the contract starts this Sunday the 1st/2nd. I called UniLodge up and they said the majority of the students move in on the first available day.
i'm getting an offer tomorrow apparently.

Do you know whether it will be single studio or group. I'm not fussed.

I don't know anyone going to ANU, so hopefully uniodge can be more social and interactive than people say it is.

garrybarry

HSC
Which one is Davey Lodge? Also, seems now there is going to be a good bunch of 1st years staying there. andybernard101, were you told which Lodge you are getting an offer from?

breezy221090

HSC
Davey Lodge is the older one. Andy101 There is the option for studio, double, three and five share and I think 6 share in Kinloch. So I guess it's just whichever they have more of. Apparently the singles are more popular so it's probably more likely you'll be sharing. I got 5 share but I'm pretty sure it was my first preference. I also didn't get the option of either a 48 or 52 week contract they just put me on the 52 week one.

emiline

HSC
Ok so my application still says "Academic Offer Made" and thus far I haven't been considered for any of my preferences or anything....totally clueless and Anna when rung, just said that my application was still under consideration?!?!?!

Hello!!!! Need a place to live honey! Less than two weeks?!?!? SOOO PISSED OFF RIGHT ABOUT NOW lol.

Wish I knew what was happening! Do you think I should ring all the individual colleges and stuff and ask whether I am going there? Because otherwise I'm screwed! And I dont think I remember filling in a large amount of information on all my achievements in Year 12 and stuff...gggrrrrr hating all of this!

moc2009

HSC
N/A
I guess i'm going to be all alone at Toad Hall, probably be the only 1st year there :( everyone else there seems to be international post grads :(

cricketfan10

HSC
well, looks like we're all waiting for another fucking weekend.

even tho a lot of ppl will be put into unilodge, i wonder how many are going to take it up, probably consider close by sharehouses or something which will be cheaper. not sure what ill do myself actually. still hoping on getting a spot from someone who rejects his/her offer.

moc2009

HSC
N/A
well, looks like we're all waiting for another fucking weekend.

even tho a lot of ppl will be put into unilodge, i wonder how many are going to take it up, probably consider close by sharehouses or something which will be cheaper. not sure what ill do myself actually. still hoping on getting a spot from someone who rejects his/her offer.
That sucks you guys ahve to wait until next week, that means you basicly get a weeks notice to move in.

emiline

HSC
So according to Over-the-phone-Anna I am into Unilodge just awaiting an email...all very unofficial...

So why does everyone think it will end up more expensive? I really hope I get into a 3 room apartment...just a nice number without being 5. Is 5 rooms the cheapest and the 1 room apartment the most expensive? I take it that that is the way it is...

Do you really reckon there is much chance that someone will pull out of a catered hall and we will slip in?

Oh, I am so depressed...did not count on having to cook for the first year lol...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)