ANU Fully Catered Accommodation Offers (1 Viewer)

imallergic

HSC
One thing that really annoys me is that the Accomodation Portal website says this "Priority is given to new full-time undergraduate students whose home is outside the ACT region."

Obviously it's not true as 2nd and 3rd years have already been given accomodation offers.
What? Seriously? Ehhhh...

Well, yeah, I've been on the computer since the 21st, keeping msn on so I get immediate email notifications. It's quite sad, really... So over this. If I end up getting some weirdo offer that I can't afford, it looks like I'll have to accept one of the offers I get (if any) from one of the Sydney unis in the late round.

cricketfan10

HSC
ive been getting up everyday around noon and then getting on msn for it to tell me that i have an extra e-mail...always hoping it's from anu but it's not. very frustrating. im gonna call them tomorrow.

imallergic

HSC
ive been getting up everyday around noon and then getting on msn for it to tell me that i have an extra e-mail...always hoping it's from anu but it's not. very frustrating. im gonna call them tomorrow.
Be sure to post if they tell you anything other than what they've told us a million times before. I've borderline harrassed the UAS staff a couple of times, so I better stop calling for a while...

chooette

PhB Chemistry (Hons)
HSC
PS: EDIT:

One thing that really annoys me is that the Accomodation Portal website says this "Priority is given to new full-time undergraduate students whose home is outside the ACT region."

Obviously it's not true as 2nd and 3rd years have already been given accomodation offers.
1st years who live outside ACT are given priority, all will get accommodation, it's a guarantee, it just may not be where you want... But 2nd and 3rd years who live there still need somewhere to live, you can't kick them all out, especially internationals.

emiline

HSC
Haha I know hey.
I'm ashamed to say the only real relationship I have upheld in the last week is that with my hotmail address (a very sordid affair), aside from the rather persistent and borderline rude one with phone people.

Yeah motel or similiar would be really quite rude! I don't know why my friend got into her first preference of Ursies straight away and then I'll probs be in a tent in Union Square...haha, maybe they were just picking at random... ggrrrr

imallergic

HSC
Oooh, looks like we can all look forward to tents or park benches. Gonna be fun...

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
I just got email saying i got into johns.

i did not however get into ANU.

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
no i am not.

Newcastle was changed to my first preference in light of my shit UAI
ANU do not make alot of second round offers.

I was expecting to be offed a place i was basically told i would get in if i got a place at ANU but now i am really hating myself for not putting in more effort.

neo o

it's coming to me...
HSC
1st years who live outside ACT are given priority, all will get accommodation, it's a guarantee, it just may not be where you want... But 2nd and 3rd years who live there still need somewhere to live, you can't kick them all out, especially internationals.
They've tried it in the past. We camped outside the UAS office :)

moc2009

HSC
N/A
Well I'm back at the internet cafe today (my iprimus modem decided it didnt want to work and broke this week, the most important week I need the net) and everytime I come over here to check the mail tehre is nothing.

I'm going mad, there better be some change when I get back this afternoon, lol. Anyone else had any changes yet?

emiline

HSC
Nope, no change.

But I'll have your John's spot Hagaren.... My best bet I'd say

moc2009

HSC
N/A
PS:

I just called them (again). They said it could be next wednesday before we get an offer.... in the meantime the usual, just keep checking mail.

:(

emiline

HSC
Don't you just hate it when they say to keep checking email as if we had never thought of that, as if we weren't tied to our computer?

Hagaren

The Fresh Prince
HSC
Nope, no change.

But I'll have your John's spot Hagaren.... My best bet I'd say
I am so fucking cut over this.

It's my own fault for not trying harder though.

But seriously how the fuck do i manage to get a spot on campus at johns at ANU but somehow i get put on the waiting list for accommodation at Newcastle University (where i am now going)

romancandle

HSC
just got my enrollment pack today! haha confused a little about the forms but that will be easy to sort out..

Finally my status has been moved to "accademic offer made" (they took their sweet time), but instead of being considered by APP Bruce Hall as it has been every other time, Ive now been bumped to UniLodge... ohhh dear. Not even one of my preferences. Things dont look too good lol. Does anyone know what this place is like? please tell me its not all bad..

cricketfan10

HSC
so i called and she said that my application was still under consideration and i could still get the offer today or sometime early next week. far out. nothing new though i guess..

garrybarry

HSC
just got my enrollment pack today! haha confused a little about the forms but that will be easy to sort out..

Finally my status has been moved to "accademic offer made" (they took their sweet time), but instead of being considered by APP Bruce Hall as it has been every other time, Ive now been bumped to UniLodge... ohhh dear. Not even one of my preferences. Things dont look too good lol. Does anyone know what this place is like? please tell me its not all bad..
Hey, that's weird. Today I got an offer from Bruce Hall, and UniLodge was on my preference list :confused:. I wouldn't worry about UniLodge, though. From what I hear it's getting much better. Finally the wait is over, for me at least! Also, did they mention which UL building you're up for?

emiline

HSC
Wow cricketfan? How did you get them to check your application personally? Whenever I've called they just gave me general info rather than "well Miss (last name) your application is..."?

Does anyone still think there is a chance for catered accommodation, or has that ship well and truly sailed?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)