ANU offers through UAC (1 Viewer)

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Hi, can anyone confirm or refute the following?
DS only received an offer for his second choice through UAC. There was no information on the status of his application to ANU.
When we phoned ANU, the Domestic Admissions officer advised that ANU doesn’t participate in today’s UAC offers and their expected next round is in January. Can anyone confirm whether this advice is correct? Did anyone who made an application through UAC (not directly to ANU) receive an offer for an ANU course today? She did advise that direct domestic admissions to ANU (ie. not through UAC) were made offers today. His ATAR and maximum adjustment points would place him far above previous years’ cut offs but we are concerned that although his co-curricular activities are extensive, there’s some suggestion on the UAC website that they may not have been processed but that could simply be consistent with what the ANU Officer has advised.

Last edited:

MJRey

HSC
I also applied for ANU through UAC and I didn't receive an offer today. I can confirm that they didn't participate in today's UAC offers, which can be seen through a link on UAC's website: https://www.uac.edu.au/current-appl...rounds?token=oXvgu35i6tB4wyfCNDIC7cX4b8MKEQR5

Oh, my status says... Based on the information you have provided, you appear to have met the co-curricular or service requirement. This is subject to final assessment.

Does the status for the ANU course the person has applied for say that they will be competing with other applicants for an offer? If so, I guess this would mean that they have met the minimum requirements to be accepted into the course, and these requirements would most likely include the co-curricular service requirement.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Thanks very much MJRey. We did eventually find the same page which you kindly linked.
it’s widely publicised by the media that today is the first main round of Uni offers so it’s unexpected that not all universities accessible via UAC are participating in this round.

MJRey

HSC
It's all good. Yes, I think it could be partly due to the fact that most applicants think of going to USYD, UNSW or UTS because most people do their HSC in the Sydney region, therefore those universities as well as others would get more coverage. So universities like ANU, which are situated in its very own territory, have their own rules and policies separate from NSW tertiary institutions, which isn't talked about in Sydney media.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A

MJRey

HSC
I hope you received an offer for your preferred course.
My son receives his offer yesterday. Waiting to see which residential college offers him accommodation.
Best wishes,
EM
Thank you for your kind message, EM! Yes, I received an offer for my preferred course, which I'm extremely happy about. And congratulations to your son on his offer!
Best wishes to you both,
MJRey

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
Thank you for your kind message, EM! Yes, I received an offer for my preferred course, which I'm extremely happy about. And congratulations to your son on his offer!
Best wishes to you both,
MJRey
Congratulations to you MJRey and best wishes at ANU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)