Anu/ usyd/ unsw???? (1 Viewer)

HSC
Guys, im having a hard time choosing between them^^.
To be honest, i prefer ANU because i'd rather live on campus and it's the only uni that offers my course (PPE). But then, going to usyd will save me money and it is the closest to my parents' house. Since USYD/UNSW dont offer PPE, i will stick to studying commerce, and i'm aware that UNSW business school is better than USYD's businsss school. Can someone help me out by providing pros and cons for each lol! You're doing me a massive favour!

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
I think you have made your decision: ANU.

a) You want to live on campus
b) It offers your course

It doesn't matter what university you go to if you have an option that offers you versatility and the course you desire. No point settling for Commerce in any university if you weren't interested in Commerce compared to PPE.

For me, I was interested in Law/Commerce/Economics. And easily enough, as long as a university offers those courses, I will put them down in my UAC choices but essentially I chose UNSW for its "modern" buildings, its community and because I fell in love with it during one of my visits.

leehuan

HSC
Guys, im having a hard time choosing between them^^.
To be honest, i prefer ANU because i'd rather live on campus and it's the only uni that offers my course (PPE). But then, going to usyd will save me money and it is the closest to my parents' house. Since USYD/UNSW dont offer PPE, i will stick to studying commerce, and i'm aware that UNSW business school is better than USYD's businsss school. Can someone help me out by providing pros and cons for each lol! You're doing me a massive favour!
Don't do what I do without a reason - pick a uni and a variety of degrees to do.

Like WLL said, you basically gave yourself ample reason to go to ANU. In fact, hardly any for the other two

HSC
I think you have made your decision: ANU.

a) You want to live on campus
b) It offers your course

It doesn't matter what university you go to if you have an option that offers you versatility and the course you desire. No point settling for Commerce in any university if you weren't interested in Commerce compared to PPE.

For me, I was interested in Law/Commerce/Economics. And easily enough, as long as a university offers those courses, I will put them down in my UAC choices but essentially I chose UNSW for its "modern" buildings, its community and because I fell in love with it during one of my visits.
Which uni out of the three has the best international reputation?

HSC
Don't do what I do without a reason - pick a uni and a variety of degrees to do.

Like WLL said, you basically gave yourself ample reason to go to ANU. In fact, hardly any for the other two

Thats true! Plus, at ANU i can do a verticle double degree... Probably looking at software

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Go with ANU you may well regret it if you don't.

pHyRe

HSC
Sounds like you want to go to ANU

if youre not putting yourself/parents under financial pressure i would go there for sure

if it is a burden then probably just go to usyd. heavily biased but id say its overall about as good as unsw and has a far better culture based on all the people i know from unsw and people who have transferred. unsw would have the edge in finance/accounting for sure though. i assume usyd might in marketing etc.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Which uni out of the three has the best international reputation?
I believe that all three universities have a strong stance internationally (but lets be honest, we get outshined by American Ivy Leagues and the general Japanese/Korean educational system) for its own attributes/fields.

HSC
Sounds like you want to go to ANU

if youre not putting yourself/parents under financial pressure i would go there for sure

if it is a burden then probably just go to usyd. heavily biased but id say its overall about as good as unsw and has a far better culture based on all the people i know from unsw and people who have transferred. unsw would have the edge in finance/accounting for sure though. i assume usyd might in marketing etc.
That's very true! I personally am not a big fan of UNSW, but my parents are forcing me to go there because all my successful cousins graduated from there? :/ and plus, UNSW is too far away from me, so I'm definitely ticking that off my list. Except, I still want to apply for the Co-Op scholarship in case I end up changing my mind! But thanks anyway!

etxpy

HSC
N/A
Who told you UNSW has a better business school? Some brainwashed idiot obviously. The only reason that UNSW is perceived to be superior is because they spend a TON more time trying to push their 'new age' education towards students. USyd is the better brand (especially on an international level), and wastes no resources on hiding its insecurities. They don't have a fake ATAR entry scheme (UNSW is 92.35 not 97.35 - anyone can get 5 bonus points).

HSC
Who told you UNSW has a better business school? Some brainwashed idiot obviously. The only reason that UNSW is perceived to be superior is because they spend a TON more time trying to push their 'new age' education towards students. USyd is the better brand (especially on an international level), and wastes no resources on hiding its insecurities. They don't have a fake ATAR entry scheme (UNSW is 92.35 not 97.35 - anyone can get 5 bonus points).
I never knew this, thank you for enlightening me! :)

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
HSC: 2015

ok then m8

UNSW is the best business school in the country

BandSixFix

Disillusioned
HSC
k

RenegadeMx

Kosovo is Serbian
HSC
Uni Grad
aww do your parents not love you :(

pHyRe

HSC
anyone with a 90+ atar can

its like 2 points each for band 5s in 2u maths and 2u english or something lol. if you do any extension subjects for either youre prettty much guarunteed 5pts

HSC
Did anyone hear about the students that got expelled from John XXIII College for that group chat? Lol, so exactly how safe is ANU? I've read a few other articles about stories of sexual assault! :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)