Any Advice?? (1 Viewer)

srp123au

HSC
N/A
Hi!
I recieved a UAI of 65.2 and I was wondering if any one could help me with my options. I would like to study at UWS and do a science degree but all the cut-offs are above my UAI- preferably something with human biology. Could anyone tell me any options I have?
It would be much appreciated. Thankyou.
srp123au ;)

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Ur options would be complicated. Did u submit eas or did the ret test? It might have the possibility to get u into a science course.

klh

HSC
from experience, i achieved an uai of 66.50, v. low.
Now you could actually try an enter any course that gives you entry i.e. < 65.2 and then do the units in science that you want to i.e. the units of your science degree. Then work as hard as you can to achieve a higher than credit average for a transfer.
For instance, i enrolled into a Bachelor of Technology which its uai for 2003 was on the dot 66.50 and then i tried my best to get a better than credit average mark and now i am able to transfer to my preferred course.

Also, just to note that if oyu want to do a uws course and then transfer to usyd or unsw, it will be a waste with your uai.

But to reassure you, a low uai isnt the end of the world, it just limits your choices. Mind you, as long as you work extra hard, you will do fine.

Also consider that uais are dependant on demand, so these uais might go higher.

good luck. If you want some info, D-Day (Decision Day) is on the 4th on Jan @ the Parramatta campus. if you want to talk to some lecturers about what to do, do it there or call the course info centre (but i dont reccomend it-they know nothing).

hope it helps and good luck

EDIT: you want to go to UWS right? If i was you, i'd choose anything tha thad a low uai (order from highest uai to lowest). If you get into the course but not on your preferred campus dont worry, you can do any unit on any campus except parra or bankstown, just need extra paperwork and alot of commitment.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Hawkesbury campus has heaps and heaps of courses which are in the 60s ... the only way to get into science is to do what klh said to do.

Good luck with it.

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Klh said:
Also, just to note that if oyu want to do a uws course and then transfer to usyd or unsw, it will be a waste with your uai.
What does this mean? Say a person wanted to do B Economics at UNSW of an UAI cutoff 93.00 and got UAI of 70 but UWS offer a similar course of UAI cutoff 70.

So the person tries hard on the first year to get a high credit in order to transfer to UNSW in the second year.

Shen86d

HSC
yeh what does this mean..? i got only 65 uai .. and im looking to do B. applied science at Hawkesbury then try my best to maintain a D average and transfer to a low in demand course like health science? or smthn like that in usyd or unsw..

im jus a lil freaked by what klh said about it being a waste of uai? y so? (i mean my uai is already damn low =p)

Shen86d

HSC
yeh thats true.. but the fact that i live around 2 hours + from hawkesbury is a big factor on my mind.. i was also wondreing how many hours p/week is it for B applied science (enviro management + tourism) >

Linda N

HSC
N/A
natstar said:
I also dont see the extream need to get into a course at USYD and UNSW. If you can interally transfer into a course that you wana do at UWS- which can be done by guaranteed interla transfer- where u only have to get a credit average- you can get into any course you want. Id say its much easier, less expensive and less hassle than trying to transfer exteranlly
Surely, internal transfer is much easier. But for those like for e.g Shen86d who got a low UAI and desirely want to do a science course in UNSW and USyd with a UAI cut off 92. Do u fink he/she would have enough GPA in order for external transfer? Might as well, repeat year 12 then?

Shen86d

HSC
no no, i dont necessarily have to do a science course that has that high of a cut off.. i just want to get into usyd or uts or unsw with a relatively low cut off.. say 70-80? (a course like health science or another applied science course (uai of around 75 ish) i just dont think repeating wuld be the thing for me =\

Linda N

HSC
N/A
I noe what ur aiming for.. not in reality but for example. I'm just curious for those ppl with low uai marks that wanted to do a high cut off course in a different uni. I was pondering if it's possible so for a definite external transfer into a second year with a high credit average GPA.

Last edited:

Shen86d

HSC
yeh.. id assume ud need a pretty damn high GPA to transfer into usyd or unsw.. guess the only way in is to put in max effort ! i dont even know if ill get into hawkesbury.. my uai is 0.55 higher than the 2004 cut off for the course =\

Linda N

HSC
N/A
Just *fingercrossed*. Basically, what is the very highest GPA that a person can get?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)