Any chances of a 90+ ATAR? (1 Viewer)

Yazahiro

HSC
I've been told for the get go that having shitty scaling subjects makes your chances of getting a 90+ pretty slim, however my year 10 self didn't give a shit about what ATAR I received (thus, I'm stuck with the subjects I have). But now times have changed - I'm eager and motivated to get decent grades and ultimately make the whole process of entering uni much easier on myself, so that's why I'm striving to get an ATAR around the 90 mark.

My current rankings from our 1st assessments (school ranking is around 70):
Standard English: 1/27
General Math: 2/33
Business Studies: 4/18
SoR II: 1/44
PDHPE: N/A

So my questions are- is it possible to get a 90 ATAR with the way I'm going so far? Do I just need to stick to what I'm doing (and improving in the process)? What are the essentials to achieving a mark so high?

Anything feedback would be appreciated, cheers.

lastofus

HSC
I've been told for the get go that having shitty scaling subjects makes your chances of getting a 90+ pretty slim, however my year 10 self didn't give a shit about what ATAR I received (thus, I'm stuck with the subjects I have). But now times have changed - I'm eager and motivated to get decent grades and ultimately make the whole process of entering uni much easier on myself, so that's why I'm striving to get an ATAR around the 90 mark.

My current rankings from our 1st assessments (school ranking is around 70):
Standard English: 1/27
General Math: 2/33
Business Studies: 4/18
SoR II: 1/44
PDHPE: N/A

So my questions are- is it possible to get a 90 ATAR with the way I'm going so far? Do I just need to stick to what I'm doing (and improving in the process)? What are the essentials to achieving a mark so high?

Anything feedback would be appreciated, cheers.
The ATAR is a rank, not a mark. And to answer your question; yes, it is possible to get a 90+ ATAR with the way you are currently going. Whatever rank you are in your school is very important to your final assessment mark; so strive for the best ranks you can get internally. This is because your assessment mark is moderated by BOSTES (so your school cumulative assessment marks aren't really that important).

I don't know how you study, but if you think that whatever you're doing is working for you then by all means, stick to it. Just remember that because some of your subjects do not scale as well, it will be in your best interest to achieve the highest marks you can in your final HSC exams. This does not mean that your chances of getting a 90+ ATAR are slim; you just need to work harder. So keep asking your teachers whatever questions you may have, and get as much feedback from them as you can. In doing so, you will know what you will need to improve on.

danpowell

HSC
Look I think you can get a 90+. You really should've done Adv English haha. Forgetting PDHPE you're around a 90 :) Just keep up the work and youll be right moight

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)