Any help would be greatly appreciated. (1 Viewer)

crimson_delight

HSC
Hello fellow Extension 1/2 students, or past students.

If you could take the time to read this, and help me, I would greatly appreciate it. So fucking much. Cheers.

I'm failing this subject miserably (averaging around 40%), and I really need help on my creative, more than anything. We're studying Romanticism - Keats, Austen and I'm studying William Blake and Thomas Cole as my related artists - and even though I understand the concepts of Romanticism, and I know what I should throw into a creative (and analytical) piece, my language is appalling and my ideas don't really come across succinctly. It's a major issue, and I'm hovering somewhere between 5/6 or 6/6th place in the class, and I've failed every assessment. I just don't know how to improve, because every time I write an essay, I get given feedback, which is mainly just my idea crossed out and an obscene "NO" written around it. So then I redo the essay with my teacher's ideas and language, none of it being my own original concepts, because apparently, they're complete shit, and I *still* get really bad marks. I think I could copy and paste my teacher's sample essays and give it back to her, and still fail this course. I don't know what to do, and I really need your help - what can I do to improve my approach to this course? What can I do to hone my writing skills? To develop more sophisticated ideas? The Trial exam is next week, and I just don't know what I am going to do if I get below 50% in these exams.

Thanking you all in advance,

Layla.

aphorae

HSC
Uni Grad
Pm me some of your work and I'll give you tips? Topped my last assessment - I'm doing Austen, Coleridge, Bronte. I previously did Blake as related but am changing to Shelley c:

For Extension, you need to research extensively (and preferably read widely). Look up critical essays, key people of the era, their views - contrast Romanticism to Neoclassical/Classical paradigms. If you look up critical essays on each text etc., that's probably the general level of language you're looking to achieve.

Context/paradigms is really important :) If your teacher is willing, perhaps sit down for a chat with her? Figure out what is actually wrong?

The creative is difficult (imo) but for the language, just read short stories/other texts of the era. After immersing myself in several of Poe's, I find I just get into the 'zone' :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)