Any one applied for the B.IT Course? (1 Viewer)

HSC
I wasn't given a reason...

"Due to the number of high quality applicants, I regret to inform you
that your application has been unsuccessful."

I feel so bummed cause this course was the only one i really wanted to get into. I actually thought my marks would be good enough to get an interview.
Oh well, Good Luck all you other candidates, my other 2 higher preferences were to UTS so maybe i'll see you next year.:):)

Last edited:

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
I'm not sure how closely they look at your exam marks but I know that I didn't do any business subjects in high school and on the application form I put down a pretty average mathematics mark but there is always a lot of competition. In same cases you're competing with people interstate, like one chick in my year.

If you were really keen on BIT then definitely check out the BScIT course, especially if you're after a more technically oriented course anyway. :) playboy2njoy: You'd love Networking 1 where you need to set up a functional subnetted peer-to-peer network through two switches and a router in 20 minutes for full marks, while using every person in your team.

S

Shuter

Biscit is essentially like B IT but without the scholarship, and differing work experiances.

S

Shuter

miss_gtr said:
Yes but for some of these die hard computer geeks, this course is some what dissatisfying compared to B IT.
If you're a die hard computer freak you'll fit in fine in biscuit.

S

Shuter

B IT seems to be more for people who want the scholarship and have somewhat of an interest in IT but also business. I would say more of the true diehards are in Biscuit.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
it doesnt tell you what to take to the interview?

do we need any documents?

DJGerber

3rd Year BIT @ UTS
HSC
haboozin: As far as I can remember, there's no need to take anything with you.

Schroedinger: the use of a switch makes pure wired bridging redundant for the purpose of the exam. Wireless theory isn't covered in Networking 1 but I think the practical side might be apart of the CCNA 2 course, not sure. But it's all there for you in one form or another. And you can apply for advanced standing / exemption in courses if you have a similar qualification or industry experience.

All: If you're a diehard geek, you really will prefer the BScIT course. You get an extra year of uni and get to explore more electives and complete sub-majors - and you still get/have to do industry experience. As people have mentioned, BIT is focused on business and management of IT though we do our fair share of the nerd subjects.

Last edited:

the00sellen

HSC
Greetings potential BIT's

I am also (with MINX) a 1st Year BIT... however my story is a little different... and one that shows never give up...

First of all... they stuffed up the notification of interview so Des rang me the day before the interview informing me that i was selected...

Then... My mark was not "90 or above" so i discounted my chances and got over it, convincing my self i would not get it... turns out i was correct... I was not selected... and thus i was enrolled in BscIT... 5 months later... some rumours went around that there were 2 new spots in the group and they were to be filled by BScITs... yours truly was lucky enough to be one of themm... so now i am the lowest UAI BIT... =D

The interview is waaay more important than uai... Just be yourself, you cant do anything other than that..

Also... BSCIT... for those of you who have doubts is a very course... once in Bscit i nearly did not take up the off to go into BIT... you are give a lot more choices in electives and hence can make it more computery or businessy as you like... where as BIT has a heavy Business focus... in fact over 50% of the CORE subjects are business related... granted with an IT focus, but still...

I have rambled on long enough... GOOD LUCK ALL

jadie_m

HSC
the00sellen were u at the UTS open day this year? at building 10? I think I met you...

mercho

B. Of Leisure & Pleasure
HSC
Hey Guys, who has their interview tommorro? I have my fomrla tonight and i am gonna travel to sydney on fri morning (about 6hrs away).

mercho

B. Of Leisure & Pleasure
HSC
Who are the sponsors?
Just answered my own question..found them

Last edited:

m1nx

HSC
Well for those of you who have their interview at 9AM tomorrow, or on Monday December 5, I will be seeing you :)

JimmyK

Narrabeen, Sydney/Maitland, Hunter Valley
HSC
I'll be there tomorrow for the afternoon lot of interviews! :)
Do we have to dress up formal, or smart casual, because I don't particuarly fancy wearing a jacket and tie for the two and a half hour trip on the train tomorrow! :p

ztrask02

Professional Expert
HSC
Mate I'd seriously recommend the full suit if at all possible.

I'm going to be sweating it out in mine, and not my green plaid suit with flares that I wore to my formal last night either :p

From those I've spoken to, a suit is looked upon favourably. I think you've gotta be prepared to do everything possible to get over the line.

Anyway, I'll be at the afternoon session, I'll no doubt see some of you there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)