any point to this?!? (1 Viewer)

Michiru

HSC
i'm throwing this question out for discussion.

i'm just wondering, is there any valid and/or substantial point in going to a country of you're original nationality for volunteering work, tutor work, and just general gap-like things..?

cuz i reeeeally want to go to china but it seems pointless when i'm FROM china myself, and can speak and listen (though very very bad at writing and reading)....

>.<

Skeeta

HSC
i think it would be better? at least ur not thrown into the wilderness into a culture and language you dont understand

You'll be a better teacher if u have a concept of the language they are speaking/culture. And if you want to go there then whats the issue???

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
my dads dutch

it would be awesome to go to netherlands sometime and work (i don;t need a working passport either cause my dad was born there)

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Well speaking the language is likely going to help you get a job....

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Why not?

English speaking people travel to other english speaking countries all the time and still get something out of it. If you wanna go, then do it I say!

It depends on what you want to get out of the travel... if you just want new experiences, meet new people etc then you can still get that and it will be great.... if you really want to be thrown out of your comfort zone entirely then go somewhere else.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
have you lived there ever? if not it will be a great experience to go there.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)