Any suggestions for jobs? (1 Viewer)

ben150891

HSC
Hi there,
I need help. I got my first job when i was 14 at toys r us. im now 18 and they have stopped giving me shifts because i am to expensive and they would rather give shifts to cheaper people. so now im looking for a new job. I've applied for a couple of places but i havnt got any call backs. I think its because of my uni timetable, i go 5 days a week so im only available on weekends. So i think i will apply at some videos stores like video ezy and civic video since there open till 10. Do you know any other stores open around this time? I dont want it to be to late though cause i start uni at 9 which means getting up at 6:30
Thanks

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
Supermarkets, restaurants, some cafes, petrol stations (you could try limit your availability til 11 for the 24 hour ones), ummm movie theatres, Bunnings, that's just off the top of my head.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I've always wondered what it'd be like to be a male prostitute. You could try that.

johony

HSC
get an RSA
work late nights in pubs/clubs/RSLs

:hammer:

unless he has a degree and wants a 70k+ job then seek is so useless if you want to help make a suggestion
um, hardly
have you even been to the website and actually utilised it instead of making assumptions

HSC
to add to what johony said:

i just went to seek and searched weekend+sydney+casual, and I found many many suitable jobs. I don't know if any are in suitable locations for the OP, but still, they are there.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
lol fucken pwnd mysterie. thanks bbycakes and johony <3

ben150891

HSC
thanks heaps for the responses everyone. i didnt think i would get so many replies. I'm gonna go handout some resumes on the weekend

emilyo

apathetic member
HSC
local pubs and clubs, get your rsa/rcg and being 18 you'll be the youngest and cheapest again plus friday and saturday nights are their busiest times so it would work in with uni.

ben150891

HSC
applied for some jobs today. :) video ezy, civic video, aldis, rspca.

RofL

HSC
local pubs and clubs, get your rsa/rcg and being 18 you'll be the youngest and cheapest again plus friday and saturday nights are their busiest times so it would work in with uni.
Ok, so just a question. Would an asian person be less likely to be hired at a pub/club, since going to a pub/club is predominately a 'white' activity. (of course there are exceptions).

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Ok, so just a question. Would an asian person be less likely to be hired at a pub/club, since going to a pub/club is predominately a 'white' activity. (of course there are exceptions).
You'd need to speak english well of course.

Otherwise, not really.

Mysterie

HSC
get an RSA
work late nights in pubs/clubs/RSLs

:hammer:

um, hardly
have you even been to the website and actually utilised it instead of making assumptions

yeh i have been on it and they dont rlly have any jobs suitable for students etc the best option is to check your local newspaper or whatnot
and yeh obviously i was exaggerating :lol:

ben150891

HSC
gah! rejected from aldi and the RSPCA (the job i really wanted!!!!!!!!) grrr life sucks. im really depressed :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)