Any tips for extention writing? (1 Viewer)

Calubin

HSC
I just want to know how to write faster to fill up 2 pages in 30-40 minutes. My habit is repeating used kanji.

P

pLuvia

Calubin said:
I just want to know how to write faster to fill up 2 pages in 30-40 minutes. My habit is repeating used kanji.
these are the ways i try to rite faster
  • Practice the essay, or report etc..
  • use kanji in the appropriate places
  • u should also follow the rules in riting the essay, report, diary entry etc..
  • u gotta no wat ur writing
  • just practice practice

hope that helped lol:p

Lain

HSC
If you're desperate to quickly fill up space because you're running out of time, yes you could repeat kanji and repeatedly use words like oosutoraria but it's best to avoid that as for higher marks, you will need to demonstrate in that space your correct use of kanji, vocabularly, and sentence structures, as well the relevancy to what the question is, and the logic and flow of your composition.

In practising, you could initially not write practice compositions, but for the issues, write a few sentences on each aspect of each topic, and try to remember those different aspects so that when you come across the question in the exam, you recall those aspects and try and incorporate it into the question. These are like your notes for the topics, and try to make them sophisticated ie kanji, vocabulary and sentence structures, and like something that you could use in your compositions. Then when you practise writing compositions, you have a sort of sentence bank (you could refer to your notes, or memorise them) to make your writing impressive. With enough practice, it should come out easily without having to think too much.

You might want to try, in the examination, to quickly make a list of what you will be talking about in each composition, before getting too stressed halfway through. It might be a summary of each paragraph. I think it makes it easier to focus on mark-attracting writing when I know what I am going to write about, rather than just knowing I'm going to write 'stream of consciousness' style. Rather than wondering what you are going to write about next, you could refer to the 'essay plan' you wrote earlier.

For example, a question asking you to write say.. a report on the mobile phone use among Australian youths.. I would first address the question in my introductory paragraph by mentioning how it is popular in Australia. All the way through the composition, I would give examples to back up my points (and fill up space). Then I could compare this popularity with other countries, and even with other age groups. Another paragraph would explain the advantages of the mobile which makes it so popular. Then disadvantages. Then if appropriate you could have a paragraph with your own opinion. Then, like your English essays, you could sum up what you said. If you find in your practice compositions you are still short of things to say.. you could consider expanding your paragraphs.

For Ototake.. you have to have some creativity in some questions, but not be overly imaginative because you have to stay within the character's perspective. It helps to read the novel in English. If you're trying to write, say, a diary entry of Ototake, you need to portray his personality so try and keep in mind when you write.. 'what does this sentence tell the reader about Ototake?' You could try practising these types of compositions without time limits first just so you can establish a good content base, sort of like brainstorming session, and then later in timed compositions you will be able to use those ideas.

There's no easy way to fill up 2 pages with GOOD substance. I imagine it would be better to be a little under with sophisticated writing, rather than 600 ji or more of flimsy content for the issues. I hope this helps anyone who bothers to read long posts, but at least this is how I find the subject.

Calubin

HSC
I usually use long grammatical sentences, but I leave out points for content.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)