any unsw student willing to lend a helping hand to a year 12 student 🙏 (1 Viewer)

Cathode_RT

HSC
what's your plan?
As a self proclaimed Lockheed Martinist and war crime enthusiast - Lockheed Martin 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🦅🦅🦅

But unironically, one of the big aerospace companies would be ideal, from what I've seen on linkedin a decent number of UNSW aero grads end up in one of them, so hopefully I can get there at some point. Its not exactly a "plan" per say, more like a rough idea to work/aspire towards.

scaryshark09

∞∆ who let 'em cook dis long ∆∞
HSC
Also the aerospace industry is going to be pretty in demand soon, so jobs shouldn’t be too hard to find *hopefully*
Im not saying this isn’t correct cause idk but it makes me think that every single job is “in demand”. Like you look up online or you find somewhere that you’re chosen uni degree leads to a profession that’s “in demand”. I’m starting to think it’s a scam and they’ve fooled us all…

Cathode_RT

HSC
Im not saying this isn’t correct cause idk but it makes me think that every single job is “in demand”. Like you look up online or you find somewhere that you’re chosen uni degree leads to a profession that’s “in demand”. I’m starting to think it’s a scam and they’ve fooled us all…
Realistically though, a lot of stuff is "in demand". We always need nurses, teachers and so on. The issue is that a lot of these "in demand" jobs are constantly getting fked over by shrinking wages and job instability. Its sorta whats been happening with compsci/software people recently with the massive tech layoffs after the Covid bubble popped (eg: Google let go 12000 jobs earlier last year, with similar numbers from Meta, Microsoft etc) - Or nurses getting overworked during covid for shit wages. There's a reason why some in demand jobs are constantly in such a state, nobody wants to do them if they arent treated well.

So unis arent exactly wrong by saying a bunch of jobs are in demand. Its just the job market is undercutting those same jobs by lowering wages and increasing hours, which make certain degrees more undesirable, since the work needed to acquire them isn't properly compensated by future income.

COPIUM INCOMING: From current trends though, aerospace is a growing sector, and wont be saturated (like compsci) for a while - so the pay and hours should remain somewhat desirable for a good while. But who knows really.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
tbh its always been a scam, we should be chillin in a jungle but bc of society we have to pay taxes

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)